Chapter 5: Finding "home"

Sinon pov

After what felt like an hour or two. The rest of the team had already quietly made their way into the room without waking Y/N up. We just made quiet small talk while I continued to let Y/N rest on me.

Though his hat covered a portion of his face. I could tell that he winced a few times. As if he was having a nightmare. But before I could do anything he only held me tighter... I would be losing if I said that I didn't like caring for him like this.

Kureha: uhmm, Sinon?-

I looked up to Kureha from where I sat down with Y/N. Kureha stood up with a stretch before laying down in Y/N's bed.

Kureha: is he still asleep or is he de-

Y/N: *groan*

Before she could even finish her sentence. Y/N began to stir awake. He slowly raised his tired head from my shoulder.

Y/N: wha?

He looked around in a daze before looking at me. His mismatched eye colors seemed were still to tired to take in his surroundings.

Me: did you sleep well?

Y/N: w-what?....

It seemed to take Y/N a second to respond, as he was still in a tired daze. Though his expression quickly changed when he realized what had happened.

Y/N: y-yes, I did- wait!?

His voiced raised in concern as he looked around to see mine and Zeliska's team. His eyes darted from player to player in fear. His breathing quickened as he stood up.

Me: 'this isn't good!' Y/N, calm down!

Klein: oh crap- Uh, hey little guy!

From where we had sat down. Y/N began to back up into the corner again

Y/N: I- I said just you, Sinon!- I trusted you!

He looked at me as if I had just betrayed him. Responding quickly as possible, I tried to calm him down as I got up and walked to him.

Me: and you can still trust me! This is my team- they won't hurt you. The team that set you free is here too.

I gestured to both parties as they waved at the scared runner.

Leafa: hey, it's ok! We won't hurt ya!

Leafa tried to ensure Y/N, but her yelling only made him more scared. I slowly approached him before making him focus on me, and me alone.

Me: Y/N, you can trust me when I say that these people will care and protect you. I trust some of them with my life too...

His eyes seemed to have calmed down as a single tear came from his eye. I quickly pulled him into another hug. He seemed shocked by the motion before I began speaking.

Me: you don't have to be afraid anymore Y/N...and you don't have to be afraid of us...

There was a small pause before his shaking and breathing began to slow down.

Y/N: promise?...

I was taken aback by his response. His voice implied that he was serious about his question.

Me: yes Y/N, I promise...

I felt his breathing let off a bit before we pulled apart. He still hid behind me but he peered his head over my shoulder as I turned to the others. I looked in pure shock as he smiled with teary eyes.