Chapter 5

*HARRY'S P.O.V*

After breakfast, Diana told us to go enjoy the house and relax, since we'd had a big year so far and we needed a break. Louis, Liam, and Zayn went on dates with Eleanor, Danielle, and Perrie. The house was pretty quiet. I was going to go up to my room when I passed by one of the "lounge" rooms. This room was very old-fashioned. It had a big fireplace and a few couches and a grand piano against the wall. As I passed this room, I heard someone playing the piano. I peeked in and saw Annie, sitting at the piano playing a song I recognized but couldn't remember the name. I stood in the doorway listening and watching her play. She moved her fingers so gracefully. When she finished, I clapped, startling her. She jumped a bit then turned around.

"Harry! You scared me!" she said.

"Sorry," I said walking over to the piano, "but you're playing was brilliant! What was it?"

"A Thousand Years, by Christina Perri," she said. "And thanks, but I'm not that good."

"Yes you are. Can you play it again?" I asked.

"Sure, but only if you'll sing," she said smiling.

"Well, I don't really know it but I'll try," I said. She slid over on the bench and I sat down next to her. It was really wonderful as she played and I sang. I loved listening to her play and see her be so calm and focused. At the end, there was a little accompaniment. I watched her play and when she finished she looked at me.

"That was nice," she said.

"Yeah, it was," I replied. I could feel us getting closer and closer until our lips were almost touching. Suddenly, I heard Niall and Bri yelling our names. It scared both of us and we immediately pulled away from each other and Annie looked down, blushing.

Bri and Niall came in, yelling for us to get ready to go to the beach.

"What were you guys doing?" Bri asked kind of suspiciously. Annie got up from the bench still blushing obviously at a loss for words.

"I heard Annie playing piano real good and I came in to hear her better," I said getting red myself.

"Well Diana said we're going to the beach cause there's a small one that's like never crowded and only twenty minutes away," Niall said.

"C'mon Annie, let's go get ready," Bri said pulling Annie by the arm out of the room.

*ANNIE'S P.O.V.*

When Bri and I got to my part of our room, she shut the door and said,"Ok Annie, spill. Everything. Something so obviously happened with you and Harry down there," she said all excitedly.

"Bri, honestly, nothing happened," I said, feeling my face get red again.

"Oh my god, Annie, I know you better than that and you're getting red again. TELL ME!" she practically begged. "Don't make me have to Gibbs (NCIS reference) slap you!"

"Now you're threatening me ok," I said. "Look, nothing happened. There may have been a moment when we almost kissed, but it didn't happen and I'm sure I was just imagining it."

"OMG LOOOOOOVE!" Bri yelled.

"Shut up!!!!" I said. "Besides, Harry would never go for me."

"Puhlease. I saw him looking at you all through breakfast. He so likes you," she said smirking.

"I don't know Mrs. Horan," I replied. She turned red. I laughed and went to my drawer, getting my bikini. I felt a sharp slap on the back of my head. She had Gibbs (NCIS reference. again.) slapped me of course.

"Ow!" I said rubbing my head. She laughed.

"C'mon, let's get ready to have 'fun' at the beach." She winked when she said fun.

"Haha very funny," I said, rolling my eyes.