𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

a/n:
apologies for the delay, college
has been kicking my ass and
exams are coming up for me.

hopefully you enjoy the chapter!

MANHATTAN,
NEW YORK.

01. | NEW YORK WAS A MAGNIFICENT PLACE FILLED WITH ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE. Infamously known as the city that doesn't sleep it most certainly holds true to it's reputation. It's bustling city life was just one of the many reasons why Venris had decided to settle there. 

After living through countless years on earth, several thousand years to be more specific, Venris believed that there was nothing that she hadn't seen before. Humans with their culture, languages and emotions had always fascinated her ever since arriving to earth on the domo.

She wanted to know everything she could about human civilisation much to the dismay of her leader, she wanted to know what it was like to be human, and for a while, she could only watch from a distance or within respected boundaries set by their leader.

but now? it was different. 

now she was free to interact with humans in whatever way she so pleased, away from her fellow eternals.

And for the past five hundred years, that's what she did.

She lived among humans. She sung and danced, laughed and cried. She learned to love and care but most importantly?

She found out what it took to be human.

When she initially moved to Manhattan back in 2010, she was alone. She had no family, no friends, nobody knew who she was nor did they care. She was lonely of course, living in a two bedroom loft apartment filled with her random collection of artifacts and an array of old ratty books.

It wasn't until she finally decided to apply for a job at one of her local restaurants when she finally met a guy who would not only become her best friend but also her roommate. 

Samuel Pickett is the definition of a city-boy. He was raised in New York and knew his way around the streets fairly well. His so called 'big apple dream' was to become an actor and eventually move away to Los Angeles and live his 'happily ever after' story in luxury and grandeur.