𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

note:
hey everyone, happy new year!
im a little late to say that but this is the first
chapter of 2022 so i suppose it's warranted.

first of all, i wanted to say sorry for the
lack of updates. i forgot the password to
my account and i had no idea people
were still reading this story.

second of all, holy shit!
in my last update i mentioned how this book
reached 1k and now its surpassed 2k reads,
that's insane! Thank you to everyone who has
taken the time to read, comment and
favourite on these chapters. I see all of you adding
my book to your reading lists and i hope you're
all enjoying this process as much as i am.

As you all have waited long enough for this
chapter, i have decided to make it longer
than planned.

so please enjoy this almost 5k chapter!
(ignore any spelling mistakes, i haven't edited it yet!)

MANHATTAN,
NEW YORK.

03. | VENRIS HAD ALWAYS LOVED THIS WORLD AND ITS PEOPLE. from the day her emerald-green eyes first glimpsed at the planet from their starship to the moment she was sent down to it's surface to protect the inhabitants from deviant attackers. she could recall her first days on earth as if they had happened just yesterday instead of thousands of years ago, perhaps it was because she thought about those days so often it remained fresh in her mind?

right now she stood at the side of the quaint new-york venue stage with her head peaking out from behind a black velvet-like curtain to catch a glimpse at the small but rowdy crowd in attendance tonight.

there was a band already performing, the music boomed loudly through the speakers near her head like white noise to her ears. she couldn't help but feel a sense of nostalgia as her eyes scanned across the dancing bodies, cheerful faces and wandering hands. 

it reminded her of the so-called good old days. the days where she would join parties and celebrations, and people would cheer and dance and sing together without a care in the world. humanity had changed in a lot of ways since those days admittedly, but in some ways as such as this... there was some things that they had kept the same. 

venris was too caught up in her own world to notice when sam had came up behind her, or even when he tried to sneak a peak at who she was looking at. it wasn't until his chest bumped against her shoulder when she turned her head to look at him with slight surprise— brought out of her own trance by the gesture.

"i didn't expect so many... people," sam confesses through a louder tone than usual as he tries to communicate through the music, "are you... sure we should do this? like... i'm talking a hundred percent sure here- because if you aren't we can totally ditch this place and go to the nearest bar."

although the offer was genuine and seemingly thoughtful, venris knew why he had asked. of course she did, it was written clearly across the lines on his forehead and sweat under his armpits. he was nervous to preform.