Chapter 11

Shanya's POV

Wednesday 1:00 PM

"Shanya since class is cancelled can we go to our favourite cafe in Sovereign, I'm dying for a latte," Daryl asks me as we walk out of class.

"Let me ask Alex first," I tell him and take out my phone to call Alex.

Alex: Shanya?

Me: You can't say hi baby or something?

Alex: Hi sexy girl.

I hear the smile in his voice, and I can't help but grin.

Me: Class got cancelled and my next class is at three. Daryl and I want to run to the cafe in Sovereign real quick. Can I go pleeeaaassseee?

Alex: Can't you get something on campus Shanya?

Me: Babe, I feel like a prisoner, I can't go anywhere.

I sulk

Alex: Ok, do not linger, listen to your guards, and don't let me regret this.

Me: You won't, thanks, Babe.

Alex: Mhmmm

I hang up the phone and tell Daryl that we can go.

******

It's good to be out, I've only been to school and home in recent weeks.

We walk into the cafe and place our order, then find a table to sit and wait. Daryl is lusting after my bodyguard who is sitting in the corner watching everyone.

"You really need to find a man," I tell him, and he laughs.

"Girl all the gay men are either married and in the closet or unmarried and in the closet. I don't want someone who is hiding who they really are," he says and sulks and I squeeze his hand in support.

"I'm trying to find Leah someone, so I'll add you to my 'finding a man' list" I whisper and we laugh.

Our number is called, and Daryl goes to collect it. A group of girls enter the cafe with loud chatter, you can see 'up town' written all over them.

One of the girls make eye contact with me and cuts her eyes, she then turns and says something to her friends, and they all turn to look at me. A blonde-haired one who is very pretty keeps giving me the death stare.

Ok then, rich people are so fucking weird though.

Daryl comes back and sits down, "Let's go", I tell him while getting ready to get up from the table.

I don't like the vibe in here.

The blonde-haired girl is walking over to us.

Lord a wah dis pan mi todeh?

"I hope you're feeling accomplished with how you whored your way into Alexander's bed," she says to me.

Oh, so this is Trinity, I won't let her get under my skin.

"You're beneath him, he'll leave you soon enough bitch," she says, her voice dripping with scorn and she's looking at me like I'm the scum of the earth.

I lift my left hand to my face using my ring finger to gently scratch my face and smirk at her.

I see the guard get up and I shake my head telling him no.

"So, you were able to trick him into giving you a ring? Your kind is into things like obeah so anything is possible, I guess," she scoffs at me, visibly upset.