CHAPTER 04

Loving You Is a Crime...

Scaramouche's POV

I stood inches away from him; My blood stained hands fell beside my sides as I was still processing what just happened.

My breath hitched for a second..

I didn't felt anything nor have I feel any remorse. All I can think about is her.

A sadistic smile crept up to my face, perfectly matching the blood on my face.

"She's safe now.., Aether"

I kneeled down in front of his battered body, gently stroking his perfect golden locks. Oh how lucky he is...

Finally I stood up once again; I was about to walk away when he tugged on my pants.

"What have you done..? Scaramouche"

What..have I done? I can't help but laugh at his pathetic question. He glared at me as he slowly stands.

"I just did what I had to do, if you think we're friends well you're wrong because I would never be friends with someone so weak"

'How would you protect her when you're this weak..'

I just kept that thought by myself.

I pushed him as I continue to walk away from his sight.

"I already did what you had told me to do.., now let. Her. Go."

Then the call was ended..

°°°
I tried so hard to forget that event. Even tested everything on how to forget..but it still remains.

Apologize? Don't make me laugh.

"Why should I apologize when it should be you"

I'm not the suspect here...it was him!

The incident one year ago was all his doings.

"Scaramouche~ have you forgotten- that you are also involved in this case. You are the one who got your hands dirty"

I was trying to keep calm but he just had to ruin it.

"You're the one who killed Aether"

°°°
3rd's POV

Without thinking, Scaramouche punched the man in front of him. A blood dripping down the man's nose.

His piercing crimson eyes stared blankly at Scaramouche's purple ones as he wiped the blood off.

Smirking, he said- "loving her is a crime. It makes us crazy...-I'm a fool for her! Aren't you too?"

"She's a crime I won't mind committing, all for her attention...I had you to kill him"

He lied.

Was what on Scaramouche's mind.

The man in front of him, lied about hurting her...--he has no intention at all because she's his precious treasure.

Scaramouche just laughed dryly. "You're right, we're a fool for her"

"And I don't mind committing crime also because for my love to her"

The air around them was too overwhelming as Scaramouche slowly raise his hands towards the man.

His once dead crimson stare became a panicked one. "You're crazy.."

Hearing this slip through his mouth makes Scaramouche laugh; "Then that makes us both crazy, isn't that wonderful?!" Then Scaramouche pushed the man out the window.

He watched him as he laughed sadistically.

.

.

.

.

'Ah...How can I make her mine now?'

This was his thoughts before darkness took all over him..

°°°
"So...you've finally snapped huh? Although I've already predicted it.."

'Childe..?'

Childe chuckled, lightly clapping his hands. This alarmed Scaramouche and immediately closed the window.

"Hmm.." The ginger quietly observed the short man. "I wonder if she's a drug herself...but- who would've thought that the oh so smart Scaramouche can be also deceived"

"Don't worry~ I didn't eavesdrop. I've actually known that incident quite awhile now, I didn't want to ask you so I waited and now that all makes sense.."

Childe opened the window once again. Staring down at the body that Scaramouche pushed. "Kazuha..was it? So he's the mastermind, I didn't even notice because of his innocent facade"

Scaramouche sighed heavily, slightly annoyed at the ginger's presence. "He's not dead yet" he finally spoke.

The said ginger looked back at him with a smirk planted on his face. "I know"

"Are you not scared?"

Scaramouche looked at him confused. "Scared of what?"

"That someday sooner...(y/n) will know the whole truth about her past boyfriend's death"

The short man just laughed at this. "Isn't that a warning for Kazuha? I was just trying to protect her"

'Kazuha is the main suspect here'