CHAPTER 05

Partners In Crime

"You have failed...I thought everything's going according our plan"

A mysterious girl spoke, her left shoulder leaning against the door's entrance. Kazuha looked at her with his crimson dull eyes, staring at her deeply.

"I really thought you were a goner, Kaedehara Kazuha~"

"Rin"

The said girl step towards him as soon as she heard her name. Twirling her hair flirtatiously. "Hmm?"

"I have a new plan"

"Ooh~ I'm curious, what is it?"

Kazuha glanced away from her as his hair covered his face.

This plan had to be done; it's his only choice...Handling Scaramouche is going out of his control...he shouldn't been involved in the first place anyway.

That harbinger is a danger to his plans.

A secret...must always stay a secret.

°°°
Mona longingly stares at a certain short man. Her silky bangs, covering her eyes.

Scaramouche and her were childhood friends but people change over the time aren't they?

That was what happened to them two. Scaramouche had changed and the bond they once have had already faded away.

She was stuck at her own daydream, oh how she wishes to be with him once again. To be as close like the two swan in the lake but of course..she had to be in between them.

It was no surprise for her. She knew all along Scaramouche would never reciprocate her feelings for him. She's not in a cliché romance story where childhood friends become lovers. She's just an ordinary student who loves astrology, nothing more..

They were just friends.

She's just a friend to him.

'I don't want to be selfish when he's not even mine in the first place'

Mona glanced away without noticing that Scaramouche had caught her stares.

"Something the matter Mona? You seemed to be floating up in space"

"No, nothing. Just thinking about my entrance exam, you know I can't fail this one"

"If you say so.."

Mona smiled as she thanked her best friend. "Thanks for your concern though, Rin"

"It's no problem~ you're my best friend after all"

Mona noticed something...she isn't here.

'huh? Weird...(y/n)'s not here'

Rin had caught Mona's confused face in which she chuckled lightly. "So you've noticed it too, I do wonder where she is though"

The astrology lover has her suspicion..it was weird to say the least that Kazuha isn't here either. One thought popped up on her mind.

"I knew it! The two of them are dating, good for them~"

"Uh? No"

'who?'

Someone interject at Mona's conclusion.