Chapter One

y/n's pov

y/n's pov

You knew you didn't always live in a cooperating and functioning home. Your parents would fight more than you wanted them to, and when they did it was after they got home from their work, so they would be exhausted, or it was when they didn't agree on something. You knew that they still loved each other, or maybe you were just convincing yourself to believe it. Despite your parents fighting, you all tried to be the best family you could, even with your parents gone most of the time due to work as well.

You were never bothered with how long they were gone, it gave you time to breathe and relax for a while. You would even practice your quirk in the backyard sometimes. But when people asked if you were okay with them being gone so long, you got a little frustrated at them. They couldn't see that it made life just a little easier for you. You didn't have to worry about the yelling and arguing, and your parents pushing you to follow in their footsteps. It made life simpler and more relaxing.

It started to really irritate you when older people would come up to you and ask you if you needed any special attention, like therapy or just a 'friend' to talk to. You would simply walk away from the conversation, not wanting to say anything. You had so much to tell them but you decided it wasn't worth your time.

You didn't want it to irritate you because you grew up with some attention, you didn't even want anymore than that. Your parents did everything they could to help you and support you, despite them pushing you. They tried their best to love and care for you. But you knew deep down that they didn't really care for you, no matter how much they would show it. They had to love you, to care for you, well, because they were your parents. It was their job.

The more you grew up and matured, the more you realized how little your parents actually really cared. You realized that their love and kindness for you was really just a hoax. They put on that loving parent act to show everyone that they could be great parents and heroes at the same time. They wanted everyone to love them, to gain more popularity as heroes.

They were just saving the world day by day, but they were slowly leaving behind their only child while doing it. It didn't even bother you though, you enjoyed it. You didn't care to be noticed by everyone, you hated popularity anyways.

You didn't get why someone would go such far lengths to be popular. Your parents craved popularity but they weren't even that far up the hero chart, so you didn't know why they craved it so badly. But that crave for popularity ended for your parents when they died.

You remembered going to the grocery store and people would come up to you, telling you they were sorry for your loss. Some of them didn't even care for your parents, they just wanted as many heroes to protect them as possible. Some of them wanted to pity you, and you knew it.