Chapter Seven

y/n's pov

y/n's pov

I'm sitting in the cold cement room for what feels like hours, but I wouldn't fully know since my sense of time went away a long time ago. My whole body is burning and screaming at me to get some help, but I can't. I can't move a muscle, and Overhaul still hasn't come back into this room ever since he left with Eri.

He better not lay a rotten hand on her, I'll kill him if he does.

I look down to my torso, the flesh is bubbling from my flames overheating it. I can feel that my nerve endings have burned off in that area, due to my flames overheating it too much, so I won't have much feeling in that burnt area anymore. I realize that I have spun out of control once again. I need medical help but it seems like I won't get that, so the next best thing is to wait it out and try not to contaminate it. I breathe in to try to relax, but my nose fills with the smell of burnt flesh, and I gag at the smell of it. My eyes begin to water because of the overpowering scent filling my respiratory system. 

I let out a laugh that comes out completely humorless. "Who'll love me now with these scars all across my fucking body." I laugh, tears that built up escaping my eyes and falling down my face, leaving a trail of salty water behind them. The question is, who would love these hideous scars all over my body? They taint my skin with an uneven surface. The worst one I have goes from my lower back and it stretches around the side of my body to my upper chest. It has a rough surface, and everytime I touch it I am reminded that my flames are a curse to my body, they're nothing more than to harm me. I have a few more smaller ones that scatter around my body, all different sizes and shapes.

I don't hide my scars, but what is the point? I just never wear revealing clothing like swimsuits. I also don't wear dresses anymore, I hate how my body looks in them.

I remember dressing up when I was a little kid, like a little princess or a fairy. I remember the clothes my parents used to buy me, little dresses and fake Cinderella high heels. I would dance around with a fake wand, pretending it had magic in it. Then I stopped doing it, I thought I was too old to dress and act like that. But I still remember dancing around the kitchen, singing Disney songs like I was a princess, and my parents joining in on my foolishness. I smile at the old memory, but the smile went as soon as it came.

My body still feels like it's burning, I can feel every single little thing happening all across my body. My nerves are picking up everything going on and it's only causing me more pain. As I'm waiting in agonizing pain, the door flings wide open. Overhaul enters the room and strides towards me.

"What're you doing?" I asked, confused about what was going on. "You're coming with me." Overhaul stated.

He swiftly took the handcuffs off my hands and wrists and grabbed my arm. I wince at the pressure of him grabbing my arm so tightly. He took me out of the room and started to walk at a fast pace through many long hallways. I lost track of how many there were, it was like a maze in here.