Chapter Six

y/n's pov

y/n's pov

When I awoke from being unconscious and not knowing why, my head was pounding and I could feel the blood pounding through my ears. It felt as if someone swung a hammer to my head. My vision was blurry so I couldn't see straight or even see my surroundings. My whole body felt sore and numb and I couldn't remember what had even happened before for it to hurt like this.

'Where am I?'

I looked around but my vision was still blurry so I couldn't really see any of my surroundings. I couldn't recall what had happened or where I was taken and so I started to feel my heart pace faster and faster and my panic started to rise. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears and feel my blood coursing through my veins.

Then what sounded like it was coming from behind me, a voice spoke to me.

" You're finally awake, I was starting to think you were dead there for a second, " The voice sounded raspy but muffled slightly, like there was something covering his mouth. I whipped my head around to see the silhouette of a person standing by a door, slightly leaning on it. I winced a little at my neck being sore but decided not to let it show. The person leaned their body off of the door and started to walk towards me. As they got closer to me, I got a better look at them. My vision started to clear up and I could see that he was wearing a mask and bright white gloves. Although the mask didn't look ordinary, it looked like a bird's beak. He was wearing a plague mask. Although a more modern version of it, like having golden accents and just having the lower face mask portion instead of also including an upper face portion.

While focusing on his mask and not paying attention to anything else, before I even knew it his gloved hand was grabbing my jaw and tilting my head from the left to the right. He then let go of his harsh grip on my jaw and scoffed.

" You were out for a couple of days. I used a sedative to keep you out for a few hours but I guess your body didn't take it well and instead prolonged the amount of time needed to recover from it. You're weaker than I thought, " He inspected my face a little longer before glaring at me in disgust. I groaned in pain. My head was still pounding and my whole body was in pain but still felt numb somehow. I closed my eyes and tried to focus on my breathing, if it would even help with anything. What the hell did I get myself into?

" Look at me when I talk to you, " He scolded, and when I opened my eyes, he grabbed my jaw again to make me face him. I didn't even realize he was talking.

" As I was saying, if you think you're going to live a somewhat good life here, you can kiss that dream goodbye. I don't care for you, therefore you care for yourself. You don't dare to disobey me or any rules I set. One of them being that you do what you are told. If you have a problem with how I do anything, you'll see what happens. "

'What the fuck does he mean by that?'

He let go of my jaw and for the first time being in the room, I was able to take in my surroundings. There was nothing in the room except for a dim ceiling light and the chair I am currently strapped to. The walls were all made of cement and so was the floor, making the entire room gloomy and gray. Although while inspecting the room further I realized there were splatters of red on one of the walls, obviously not professionally painted. It had to be dried blood, but whose blood was it?