Chapter Five

y/n's pov

y/n's pov

The doorbell rang indicating that you had entered the convenience store, and the cool night air started to rush into the store as you entered it. It was pitch black outside now, although the sun was sure to rise in about four hours you guessed. You hadn't planned on staying out for so long, but running into your almost kidnappers made your walk longer than it should've been. After running for a while without a break to drink water, you had become dehydrated and your throat had become unbelievably dry, so you wanted something to drink.

You were walking around the store and as you let your thoughts finally settle, you grew more anxious with the thought of those people coming back for you. You knew when they came back for you, that you had to be ready to fight, and that they would be ready to fight back. Although they have no information on you so it might be easier to attack them with your quirk that they know nothing about, you don't want to tire yourself out too quickly early on in the fight so you might have to choose to use it later on if things got too chaotic.

As you wandered around the aisles of the convenience store, you had found a bottle of water. You haven't had any water to drink for the past couple of hours and your throat was becoming scratchy and dry. You immediately picked the bottle of water up and went to go pay for it.

As you approached the till, the woman you've gotten to know over the years was working at the till and smiled at you. You smiled back and set the water on the conveyor belt, watching as the woman took the bottle of water and scanned it.

"Did you find everything you were looking for, dear?" The woman asked, looking at you with a warm smile on her face.

"Yes I did. Also, I was wondering if I could ask you what time it is? I guess I forgot to bring my phone with me." You asked the woman, feeling a little embarrassed to not have brought your phone with you.

"There's a clock on the wall over there," The woman pointed to a clock on the wall above the entrance door, "but I can tell you now that it's three twenty-seven am."

You had definitely felt embarrassed now, although you were glad you asked even though you had been to this convenience store multiple times and knew where the clock was, but forgot it was even there up until now because you got lost in your thoughts. "Okay, thank you for telling me. I guess I forgot where the clock was." You said, looking down to maybe somehow hide your embarrassment.

"No need to be embarrassed about it, dear. May I ask a question?" The kind woman asked you.

"Yeah, of course." You responded, looking up from your current position.

"How's your training going?" The woman questioned, her voice sounding soft.

"It's getting a little hard, but I'm becoming better than before and have better control over my quirk. Although I'm quite nervous for the exams that are coming soon, Mrs. Midoriya." You replied, remembering how far you've come over the weeks, but wondering if that will even be enough in the end.