Chapter One

Vincent thought that it would be a good day. Nice even. He got to be with his dad for the first time in a while, and it wouldn't be so awkward.

Or at least he had hoped it wouldn't be awkward.

But getting to see the place his father had discovered was something the Valentine men could bond over and Vincent wanted it to go so well.

And it did. The way to the secret cave was a fun trip. And seeing it for his own was... well it was amazing.

He even said so to his father.

But then he laid eyes on a black pool. And he didn't quite hear his father telling him to be careful.

No. There was... something drawing him to the dark, dark pool. Something that made everything else fall away.

Ever so slowly did he walk towards it. It was an eternity. It was an instant. Next thing he knew he was staring at himself in the pool. It was so... still. It was almost as if he was staring at a black stained pane of glass.

His mirrored self's eyes glowed gold.

A grin appeared on his other's face.

A darkness arose from the pool, swallowing him whole.

Pain flared within him. Pain stabbed on his outsides. Pain tore his attention and made him focus.

Something was slotting into place and it was burrowing deep within him and it was stretching him out and it was and it was and it was-

Making him remember.

Things he never knew; things he never experienced. He was only in twenty two young yet he was uncomprehendingly old.

The planet created him the planet created it. It served a purpose; it was needed for the end of days.

It was needed if a Calamity woke up.

Its name is

His name is

Its his its his its his

Unsteady legs slowly held a heavy body. They shook like a newborns. Lungs and throat burned with air, as if tasting it for the first time.

"Vincent?" A voice suddenly cut through.

It was no longer quiet and the sound was deafening.

The head adorned with a crown of horns slowly looked up.

Gold eyes burned at the being that stared back; absolutely horrified with the sight it saw with its brown eyes.

No, not it. He.

A man.

It was-

"Fa...ther?" A voice rasped out, tones altered and unworldly.

——

So. You gotta thank the FF7 server I'm in for this one. I probably wasn't going to post it but that resolve was broken by one person wondering if I was going to post it lol. It might end up a series of short oneshots around this idea. It's short and sweet but I hoped you liked it!