Chapter Eleven

Now what exactly happened when Grimoire and Nina was away? Well, let's see.

——

That day he had taken out the weapon. He had seen it before, when Father showed him everything that they had when they left the small mountain place. And he had seen it again when they got to the canyon inn.

His father explained what it was.

It was a gun. And Father said the gun belong to VincentChaos.

When he held that gun, that day, he felt like Father was right. It felt... familiar in his hand. He knew how to hold it, how to work it, and how to use it.

He even knew that things called bullets went into it.

It was that day those intruders attacked.

How dare they attack the canyon. How dare they kill the creatures who lived there.

How dare they try to kill what belonged to it.

It was almost pure magic, the way he used that gun. It was like an extension of himself.

Each and every bullet was not waisted. It killed the intended in a single shot. All of the bullets were used that day.

All of them.

And they ran away. They would be back. The stench of ill intent soaked them.

He had counted the days they were gone. He counted those who died and those who were wounded. Some said it was a miracle that so few had died. Yet many were still injured.

Healer began to teach him how to take care of the wounded. The creatures of the canyon taught him how they give respect to their dead and to the planet.

It felt... strange to heal, and not to kill. A similar sort of strange of the play fight he did with Little Guardian that first night. Yet it was different.

Many of the creatures of the canyon thanked him for protecting them. For healing them.

Seto thought that this was good. Seto said that Father would be proud of him. Little Guardian called him a 'hero'. He does not think that title fits him, but he would tolerate it.

"Thank you for saving my love." The strange colored Guardian of the Canyon said to him, that day, a week later.

Her fur was a dark grey, her eyes a deep brown. Her flame flickered red orange and yellow just like the others.

She was round with so many life growing inside her.

"I'm sure you've noticed, but my fur is different. I'm not from this canyon you see. I'm actually from the mountains. When I became old enough, I went out to go see the world. That's when I came to the canyon, and met my love." She explained to him. He did not know why she was telling him this. He listened though. He was... curious.

He nodded as he went on to redo her mate's bandages around his legs and head. She licked her mate's muzzle.

"I'm... quite nervous by nature. However my curiosity of wanting to see the world won over that nervousness. When I met my love I was skittish. We were still young. Still are. I think a part of me was relived when he asked me to stay. I had my fill of traveling. It was fun but perhaps at the end of the day, it was not for me."

He nodded once more, showing off he was still listening.

Her throat rumbled with a maybe laugh. "Even now I find it hard for myself to open up to the others. Yet here I am, talking to you. You have quite the set of ears."