Last Chance.

AU: None, this is when- !!! SPOILERS AHEAD !! -they fight Kokushibo, Gyomei ordered Genya to take Muichiro, and get some help. They also do not die from their marks in this au, and most survive.

Triggers: Not anything that I know of?

Additional Ships: None

-----------------------------

"Young Shinazugawa, take Tokito and get help." The boy he was talking too, Genya, was frightened. Gyomei sighed, and gave Genya the struggling boy. "I-I can still help!" The Stone Pillar turned away, and went to aid Sanemi. Genya decided to obey Gyomei, and ran off. "Put me down!" Muichiro -the smaller male he was carrying- yelled. "Shut up!" Genya hissed. "Do you want more demons to come out?" Mui made a face at him, and sighed. "Your the boy, that helped with Upper Moon 4, right?" Genya was surprised. He thought Muichiro wouldn't remember anything, definitely not him. Distracted by his thoughts, he wasn't noticing the aching pain in his legs. So when his legs collapsed, it took him by surprise. Fortunately, since Mui was clutched to his chest,so he didn't open any more wounds. Genya didn't get hurt either, other then a slight scrape on his cheek. "So, we're kinda stuck here." Genya admitted. Muichiro didn't say anything, it seemed like he was fading. "Hey, Tokito, I think your really pretty.." Muichiro looked up, his cheeks a little red. I wonder what Yuuichirou would think? Maybe I can ask him. Tears began to form in his eyes, catching the other off guard. "Why are you crying? Did I say something wrong? I'm sorry!" Genya said, randomly waving his hand in front of his face. Muichiro smiled at the other's antics. I wish, I could stay with you. After while of small conversation, Mui had stopped talking. There were no demons in sight, or not that they could sense any. A stain on Muichiro's bandage was getting bigger. "Hey, are you still bleeding?" Without waiting for a answer, Genya gently took his arm and began to re do the bandages. Muichiro didn't really stop him, he was to weak at this point from blood loss. It was lucky that Genya had gotten out mostly okay, or he would've died too. Hey, there's no need to waste your time on me. I'm dead anyways. I just wanted to be useful in battle, before I died. But he didn't say that. He wanted too, but his mouth wouldn't form the words. As Genya had finished tending to the bandages, a strange screeching emitted through the room. Both heads turned towards the sound, and they were met with a demon. It was horribly deformed, it was just like a blob. It had 6, yellow eyes, spread throughout it's body. It also had 2 mouths, on the 'front' of it's body. The teeth were big and yellow, and the whole thing was covered in human blood. Pieces of the Demon Slayer uniform littered it's mouth. The demon seemed pretty weak, so it had probably eaten the corpses of their late allies. Muichiro started to get up, when Genya stopped him. "Your still injured. I'll handle this one." Since they boy couldn't speak, he couldn't argue. Genya stood up, despite how tired he was, and drew his gun. He shot at it, and it was gone. "Wh-?" A blur was beside him, and he had to jump back to avoid the poison the demon spit at him. "Tokito! Move!" In an instant, Muichiro jumped back beside Genya, as he successfully landed a shot on the thing, which killed it. "That was a little to close.." .."Yeah, it was-" Muichrio interrupted himself by coughing. Then, he started to cough up blood and collapsed. Genya caught up, and lowered him to the ground. "Hang on there! Please..I think someone is coming!" Muichiro was able to sit up slightly, and smile. Even on the brink of death, he found the power to smile. Like Rengoku. "I have a small body. I was never really tall, like you or Uzui-sama. I knew I was going to die of blood loss, but I wanted to be useful before I died." His voice is so frail, it doesn't have it's usual emotionless sting.. "Your...really special to me.  I like...ed you al..ot.  I wasn't suppos..ed to." Genya's eyes had filled with tears, and so had Muichiro's. His eyes were slowly closing, as he was fading from life itself. "Don't go! Please..please! I'll get you help, I promise you'll be okay!.."  His tears fell onto Muichiro's face, illuminating his Demon Slayer Mark. "Hey, is that a person?" Genya's ear perked at the sound of a voice. His senses were fading slightly, but he couldn't tell why. "Yes! They're people! Come on!" "Jeez, I'm coming!" "Oh? There's two..is one dead?" "Oi! Shut up, don't say that!" Those are..the Kakushi? I think they are. There's somebody else too...is it that blonde boy?. The small group of Kakushi and a injured Zeinitsu had arrived. One of the Kakushi opened a little black bag, and took out a syringe with something inside. She kneeled down next to Genya, and gently inserted the syringe in the palm of his hand. "Your going to be okay."

-------------------------------------------------- [This is Muichiro in the afterlife]

Muichiro woke up to a strange feeling on his face. It was a pretty, sun-colored leaf. He sat up, and looked around. There were lots of leaves, ones red like Tanjiro's eyes, orange oness that reminded him a little of Rengoku, and the pretty yellow ones. Leaves weren't all. There was a boy sitting in front of him. He was smiling, a sad smile. "Nii-san?" "Hi, Muichiro." Tears began to form in Muichiro's eyes. He got up, and enveloped his brother in a hug. "Nii-San..It's really you.." Yuuchiro pulled him back, so they were eye to eye. "Muichiro, I've missed you too... but you don't belong here." Muichiro's expression changed instantly. "What.?" Tears were in Yuuichiro's eyes too. they were streaming down his face. "It's the hardest thing I have to do, to push you away. You have people waiting for you. Others have died on that battlefield, so others can live in peace. Make sure, their death weren't a waste."  He pushed his younger brother away, and he slipped under the leaves. "Nii-san! Don't leave me again! Nii-san!"

He woke up, gasping. Where am I? ...This is the Butterfly Mansion. What am I doing here? Where is everyone else? He looked down at his hands. Unfortunately, he had lost one to Kokushibo,  but his left seemed to be doing okay. His shoulder too. His hospital wear seemed a tad to large, as he had to roll up his sleeves to see his arms. They were both littered with scars, all healing or healed. There were also flowers at the foot of his bed. His ear perked up  when he heard two voices approaching. "You visit him so much,  he probably knows your face even in a coma." Nervous laughter came, and the reply was a little muffled. That's Aoi. The girl with pigtails. Who is the other one?. The door unlocked, and he was met with two shocked faces. "Tokito-san! Your awake!" Aoi was the first to speak. Mui opened his mouth to speak, but a sharp pain shot up his throat. Aoi smiled apologetically, and went to check her needles. "I forgot you couldn't talk, one of your vocal cords snapped while you were sleeping, but your almost healed. Your hand will never come back, sadly, but your shoulder is good!" "And your eye, it should be fine. Maybe a little blurry." Muichiro was so confused, he hadn't noticed he had only one eye opened. The other was covered in bandages, from the feel. He smiled at Aoi, and mouthed the words: 'Thank you.' The girl beamed, then made eyes to the other boy at the door. Genya. "I'm sure someone else is excited about ypu waking up. I'll leave you two alone for a little." With that, she flounced outside. Hm. She's quick. Then Mui shifted his own gaze to the door, to meet Genya's pretty, purple eyes. Since he was clearly to frozen to do anything, Muichiro waved with a smile. Then, he found himself being hugged, and the bandages on his shoulder getting wet. "You idiot! You scared me so much..I thought you would never wake up! Your pulse nearly stopped..a-and-". "It's..okay.!! I...am..fi..ne no..w!" Genya lifted his tear stained face out of Mui's shoulder. "I thought..?" "You th..ink to mu..ch!" Muichiro laughed softly at his expression. Maybe Nii-san was right. I don't belong with him yet.. The two had settled into a comfortable position, with Muichiro's head on Genya's chest. "You know, Tokito, I never forgot about what you said?" Genya said, breaking the silence. Muichiro smiled again, and met the other's eyes. He lifted his head a little, ans kissed him softly. "I didn't think you had."

————————————
Sorry! This took so long.. I have more drafts to publish, and 3 more books to tend too, and a school project. Updates may be slow, but they will happen !!