Prologue

"Ah, summer break," Dipper's voice narrated. "A time for leisure, recreation, and taking 'er easy..."

A "Welcome to Gravity Falls" sign was shown.

"Unless you're me."

A golf cart with two kids in the seats and a girl hanging onto the back for dear life crashed through the sign and sped forward. Some kind of creature was knocking down trees and coming towards them.

"It's getting closer!" the girl in the front warned, looking over her shoulder. The girl in the back managed to flip-kick the monster in the face before it snatched the golf cart.

"My name is Dipper," Dipper's voice said, showing the boy at the wheel before panning to the girl sitting next to him who looked ready to lose her lunch. "The girl about to puke is my sister Mabel."

The camera then panned to the girl in the back.

"And the girl in the back who is trying to dodge the creature is my friend, Andie. You may be wondering what the three of us are doing in a golf cart, fleeing from a creature of unimaginable horror."

Just as he said this, the creature chucked a tree right in front of them, blocking their path.

"Look out!" Mabel cried.

"Aahhh!" they all screamed before the image froze on their terrified faces.

"Rest assured," Dipper voice continued, "there's a perfectly logical explanation."

________________________________________________________________________________

"Let's rewind," Dipper's voice said, and the image changed to one of Dipper playing a video game and Mabel hugging a cat. Suddenly, those things were taken from them by their parents and replaced with bags and sunscreen was put on their noses.

"It all began when our parents decided we could use some fresh air. They shipped us up north to a sleepy town called Gravity Falls, Oregon, to stay at our great-uncle's place in the woods."

The scene showed Mabel putting up some posters in the attic.

"This attic is amazing! Check out all my splinters!" she gushed, showing her brother the splinters that covered her hands.

Dipper backed up into his bed, where he saw a goat on top of it. "And there's a goat on my bed."

"Hey there, friend!" Mabel greeted the goat optimistically before it started to gnaw on her sweater sleeve. "Oh, yes! You can keep chewing on my sweater!" she said, laughing.

"My sister tended to look on the bright side of things," Dipper's voice narrated.

Mabel rolled down a grassy hill, saying, "Yay! Grass!" However, Dipper seemed to be a little more uncomfortable in his surroundings as he chewed on a pen and a woodpecker pecked on his hat.

"But I was having a hard time getting used to our new surroundings."

A man wearing a green monster mask jumped out from nowhere and said, "Boo!"

Dipper screamed and fell backwards, while the man took off the mask, revealing his face and laughed at the kid's fright.

"And then there was our great-uncle Stan," Dipper muttered. "That guy."

Stan suddenly started coughing and pounded his fist against his chest in an effort to make it stop. "It was worth it!"

"Our uncle had transformed his house into a tourist trap he called the 'Mystery Shack'. The REAL mystery was why anyone came."

"And guess who had to work there," Dipper said and the image changed to him sweeping the floor as Mabel reached out to touch a glass eye.

Her hand was smacked away by Stan's cane. "No touching the merchandise!" he warned.

"It looked like it was gonna be the same, boring routine all summer. Until one fateful day..."