Chapter. 15 Saving Kiki

"Are you sure we should be flying the broom through the city like this?" Kokichi asked Himiko as she flew her broom in between the buildings. She abruptly stopped and hovered her broom above the ground.

   "Hmm...that is a good point," Himiko replied. She snapped her fingers and then continued flying. "There, all better," she said.

   "Um...what did you do?" Kokichi asked, scratching his head.

   "I made us invisible," Himiko explained. "You and I can still see each other, but I made it so nobody else can."

   "Wooooow! You can do that by just snapping your fingers?" Kokichi asked.

   "I'm not 'Ultimate Mage' for no reason," Himiko replied with a sly smile. Kokichi smiled back at her. "Okay, now we need to figure out how to find Kiki," Himiko continued. "Do you have any idea where she could be?" Kokichi thought for  a while. 

   "Well, she told me that she did like the beach," Kokichi replied. "Maybe that should be one of the places we can check. Also, she sleeps under the bridge at the park...the one over the river."

  "She SLEEPS under there?" Himiko asked, horrified. 

  "Yeah," Kokichi replied grimly. "That's why...if this plan works out, and she's no longer a threat...I want her to live with us. I don't want her to be out with all these people who might do her harm." 

   "Nyeh...okay, let's go over to the bridge, first," Himiko suggested. Still invisible, they flew over to the bridge where Kiki's belongings had once sat. They didn't find Kiki. However, they did find Maki as if she were waiting for Kiki to arrive. 

  "She's really starting to pi-" Kokichi began angrily, but Himiko put a hand over his mouth and with her other hand, put a finger to her lips. They watched as Maki became more alert from hearing Kokichi's voice, but she seemed to not know where it came from. Himiko felt something warm and wet across her hand that still held onto Kokichi's mouth. It took a split second for her to realize that he was licking her hand. Silently, she gaped her mouth at him in disgust. In response, he just laughed silently. She gave him a look of admonishment as she wiped his own saliva on his shirt. He merely wiggled his eyebrows at her. She smiled and rolled her eyes and put her finger to Kokichi's temple. 

  *Don't do that again!* Kokichi heard Himiko's voice inside his head. He looked at her with astonishment and put his finger to her temple just like she did. She smacked his hand away and he rubbed it, giving her a questioning look. *You don't have to do it, too,* she explained. *I can hear your thoughts just fine.*

  *Soooo, you can hear me?* Kokichi asked. Himiko nodded. *Dat so cool!* Kokichi thought with a goofy smile and his shoulders hunched up. Smiling, Himiko shook her head and rolled her eyes. 

  *Nyeh...I think Maki has the right idea, here,* Himiko thought. *We should probably also wait for Kiki to show up.*

   *But what if Maki tries to hurt her?* Kokichi asked. Himiko thought for a while. Unfortunately, she didn't have a sleeping potion, nor did she know any sleeping spells at this point, otherwise, she would have put Maki to sleep. She could temporarily turn Maki to stone so that neither Kiki nor Maki could hurt each other, but Himiko knew that the stone spell wouldn't wear off for a couple of days.