epilogue

"let the ones you love become your world,
before they leave it"

Words began to pour from Peters mouth as he talked to May, she hugged him tight, they were both utterly , completely exhausted.

after spending days in a police station for non stop questioning over the murder of an avenger, they just now got home and questioning was done.

and it was clear to everyone and anyone in the world, especially after trial footage was released,

Thaddeus Ross was charged with first degree murder, along with sexual assault, but not just with y/n. after inspection it was discovered he had many other female victims.

Although Peter felt he had closure, and support, it didnt mean anything to him.

he felt spoiled, so many people were trying to help him, but no matter what was given or promised to him. no amount of closure was gonna make him feel an ounce of comfort.

He felt isolated

As May took care of him, she noticed him slowly deteriorating.

He was still spiderman, and he didnt have a choice but continuing his job, or else, he truly would have nothing left.

he wanted more, he wanted to hurt people, like he was hurting. he wished Ross felt the pain he was feeling.

A few days later, Peter was at the tower and went into Y/Ns room, as he walked around he looked at all the things that reminded him of times he spent with her.

nothing hurt more then a happy memory he wouldnt get to remind her of.

he was so angry.

so acting irrationally, he walked out and just, walked.

he walked out of new york city, and after a couple hours of walking he collapsed onto the ground.

He wanted nothing more then to go back to the tower and see her

but she wouldnt be there.

no amount of closure, or arrests of the people involved, would make peter feel happy, or satisfied. as a hole was truly left in his heart, of where she was meant to be.

he relived the moments of that night every minute of every day, what he could've done to be there just a few seconds sooner.

shoulda, coulda, woulda.