Chapter 1

Emma's P. O. V:

I walk into Brightfields wearing a short sleeved pink top and my pink jodhpurs, with a small silver trotting horse necklace and pass by Soverign's stall.

"Hey, boy, how are you?" I pat his forelock and nickers in response

"Hey, boy, how are you?" I pat his forelock and nickers in response. I then go to the hay bales and see my boyfriend, Pin shifting them. I lean my elbows on the hay bales and greet flippantly, "Hey, Pin!"

Pin glances at me over his shoulder while lifting another hay bales and grins at me, saying, "Hey."

"You wanna go for a ride?" I ask.

Pin says, "Sure. I'll just finish up here first."

"Great!" I leave to get Soverign racked up but Mia and Susie approach me with a man with black hair and blue eyes, along with a girl with the same features. She looks to be around my age. "Who's this?"

I stop in front of them as Mia introduces, "Emma! There you are! This is Thomas Baxter, and his daughter Jasmine."

"You must be the famous Horse Whisper," Thomas says with a killer smile as he holds out a hand for me to shake.

"I'm Emma Morgan," I state, shaking his hand with a kind smile.

"Right. I'd just bought a talented show jumper for my daughter, but he refuses to jump. We were hoping you might be able to help?" Says Thomas.

"Sure. It will take awhile—" I begin but I'm cut off by Jasmine.

"I have a show jumping competition in a few days, and my horse refuses to jump. I want you to fix him now," Jasmine says in a commanding tone, making me blink in surprise.

"I-I can't just fix him in a day..." I stammer, shaking my head.

Jasmine says as she crosses her arms, "You say you can fix behavioural problems."

Thomas says gently as Pin comes up beside me, "Now, sweetheart, you know there's no rushing this."

Jasmine scoffs, "So much for the so-called Horse Whisperer."