Chapter 14

Emma's P. O. V:

I wear a three quarter length purple and white striped shirt as I stand in the arena while trying to work on Zeus, the stallion galloping around me. It's been a week since he came but I still haven't gotten through to him.

 It's been a week since he came but I still haven't gotten through to him

Zeus is wild without sedatives, so I'd stayed up in the yard with him all night, the first night here, to make sure he didn't get out

Ted had offered to check up on me every once in a while. Zeus had kept me up all night, so I've been yawning most of the following morning.

It took both Ted and Pin or even Marcus, depending on who's around, to get him out here. On my second day of working with him, trying to get Zeus out of his stall, Zeus had struck me and I'd lost consciousness.

Marcus and Gaby had been there at the time and had freaked out. Everyone else had freaked out once they'd learned and Marcus had sent Amber with Zoe to get Pin and Ted, while he put Zeus away with Gaby's help.

My injury was pretty serious and even Mia was scared for me when Susie told her. I'd been temporarily blinded and had nightmares about it for awhile. Pin had been especially overprotective of me since I got out of the hospital. Eventually, with his and Zoe's help, as well as the other's, I was able to overcome my fear of horses.

Though it was mostly due to Bob when he'd bumped his nose roughly into me enough that I nearly crashed right into Pin. He had been the key of me getting over my fear.

"Hey, how's he going?" I turn my head to see my boyfriend by the fence with Amber and Aaron.

"Not much more progress," I reply, urging him around me again. "I'm really thinking I need Amanda here. I believe she might be the key to reaching Zeus."

"Any luck with her yesterday?" Pin asks.

I shake my head as I say, "No. She's just as damaged as this guy is here. I really don't know what to do about it anymore."

"You can't give up, Emma!" Zoe says, joining us. "I've never known you to give up on a horse before. Besides, Amanda's old boss said he'd put the horse down if you're unable to help him. I know you can do it."