Chapter 2

Emma's P. O. V:

I'm awoken at the sound of my sister throwing open my door and stomping into my bedroom, heading for the window at the sound of tapping on my window. Groaning, I sit up and check my alarm. It was 5am.

Amber yanks open my window and leans out, demanding, "What do you want, Mr. Perfect?! Do you have any idea what time it is?!"

I hear Marcus chuckle slightly as he replies, "Sorry, Am, but I need to talk to your sister. Is she awake?"

Amber replies, "Em is trying to sleep—like I should be! Go away!"

"Please? It's important," Marcus insists.

I jump out of bed and rush to my window to see the Greenbridge. Dawn was just barely rising behind him. "Marcus."

"Morning, Em," He greets.

"Morning. Tell me, why are you tapping at my window at 5am?" I question.

Amber grumbles, "That's what I'd like to know."

I usher my sister out of my room before returning to the Greenbridge.

"I visited Zoe just now but she told me to apologise to you, not her, because Pin is your boyfriend and you're obviously worried about him," Marcus says.

"Correct," I say as I cross my arms and lean against the wall.

"Well, I'm sorry for my weird behaviour yesterday. Can you forgive and forget?"

"I'm stunned to learn that Mr. Perfect isn't so perfect after all!" I say sarcastically, making Marcus chuckle breathily. "Alright, Marcus, I guess I can forgive you." He looks relieved by that.

"Thanks, Em," He says. "Did Pin tell you anything?"

"He only said that he's fine," I say.

"Really? He said nothing else?" Marcus questions. I shrug and shake my head. "I'm really sorry, Em."

"And I'm sorry, too, but it's 5am in the morning! Go home and go back to bed, Marcus!" Mum calls after poking her head out the window a little further from mine, blonde hair falling out like Rapunzel.

Marcus chuckles nervously as he says, "Sorry, Mrs. Morgan." Mum grumbles something incoherent under her breath before ducking back in her room and closing the window and curtains. Marcus looks back at me. "I'll get going, then."

"I'll see you later, Marcus," I tell him.

"Yeah. See ya," He responds before turning and leaving.

I smile slightly before I close my own window and go back to bed.

I get up after my alarm at 8: 15 in the morning and get dressed in a short sleeved green blouse that says and my green jodhpurs with a set of square emerald jewellery and put my hair in a braid.

I then tug on my tall riding boots, put on some berry flavoured lip gloss, and grab my bag.