A dark encounter in the snow

It was another morning in the village, Cotton cookie was up and early with her trusty lamp and staff in her hands, ready to herd the sheep. She grabbed some jellies to eat and rushed out of her house running through the other houses waving and greeting the other villagers as she passed by.

"Good morning Cotton cookie! Off to tend to the sheep I presume?"

One of the friendly older villagers asked.

"Oh! Good morning! Yes! Yes I am! I'm very sorry I can't talk for long the sheep need me bye!"

Cotton cookie's last few words merged together as she was in a rush. The villager let out a small chuckle and waved goodbye.

"Alright take care out there!"

Eventually Cotton cookie made it to the pen in which the sheep were kept.

"Good morning everyone! Did you all have a good night's rest? Cmon! it's time come out!"

Cotton cookie opened up the pen's gate and all the sheep flocked to the gate shoving each other trying to get out.

"Now, now everyone! One at a time! No need to rush!"

Cotton cookie said in a cheerful yet firm tone. Eventually all the sheep were out of the pen and Cotton cookie lead them on forward. She lead them to a nice plain area so that the sheep could play and wonder around freely, of course she sat at a distance keeping an eye on the sheep and occasionally helping out any of the sheep who tripped over or quarreled or usher a sheep that was wondering off back to the herd.

Yes this was any normal day for her, a pretty uneventful day just watching over her sheep. As noon came around, Cotton cookie snacked on the jellies she packed with her. But then around sunset, a breeze started to pick up making the young shepherd's hair sway slightly, Cotton cookie knew that this meant a blizzard was on it's way and that she and the sheep had to return to the pen earlier than usual. Wanting to waste no time she stood up and beckoned with her staff telling all the sheep to follow her.

"Come on everyone! It looks like we'll have to go home now!"

The sheep all obeyed and followed along. As Cotton cookie walked into the village, she could see all the other villagers wheeling their carts in a rush, packing away their valuables, keeping their livestock inside, rushing into their homes, indeed every cookie was already preparing for the blizzard. The wind became stronger and everyone rushed even more, the villagers crowded here and there and Cotton cookie tried to bypass them, all the while making sure her sheep were all still there. Eventually she reached the pen and locked the gate tight, she took one last quick look at the sheep and then rushed back to her house.

Once inside her house, she removed her hat and thick coat and made herself some nice warm hot cocoa. She lit a fire in her house's fireplace and sat peacefully next to it with a thick quilted blanket wrapped around her. She blew on the hot cocoa and felt the warm steam rise and hit her forehead and nose, she took a small sip and looked at the fire crackling.

The wind became wild and snow fell violently, the blizzard had begun, Cotton cookie looked out the window and could see the window start to fog from the ice and snow, as strong as the wind was Cotton cookie wasn't afraid but rather in awe, she had never seen a blizzard that strong before ever since her run in with the Frost queen. She walked towards the window to get a better look at the blizzard occurring, she held her cup close to her chest and had a warm smile on her face, the falling snow reminded her of her friend.

"Oh Sherbet cookie...This falling snow....It reminds me of you...."

She closed her eyes and continued to reminisce peacefully as the steam of her hot cocoa cooled, when suddenly she had a realization that almost made her drop her cup.