Proposal

He looked at the woman throwing daggers at him with her eyes. He expected a warm welcome from her after not seeing each other for a month, instead, the opposite happened. Here he is, driving his car contemplating all the possible scenarios and mistakes he had made to be rewarded with a cold treatment. Isn't this the same woman who announced to the world that she missed him so much by using the lyrics of his song? He knows, one wrong move and hell will break loose. The silence inside his car is deafening him. He could no longer contain himself, so he stop the car on the road and broke the silence.

"Hey, is there something wrong? You've been so quiet kanina pa." He asked her. Damn! He thought to himself when Sarah looked at him with creased eyebrows. "Did I do something wrong?" He asked again.

"May ginawa ka ba?" She answered his question with another question.

Confused more than ever, he answered. "Did I? I know something is wrong, Sarah."

"Buti alam mo!" Inis nitong saad sa kanya. "Alam mo kung anong pinakaayaw ko? I hate liars." Galit nitong sabi sa kanya.

He doesn't have any idea where the conversation is going or what Sarah is talking about. "Liar?"

Hinampas siya nito sa balikat ng ilang beses. "I hate you! I hate you! Why were you in New York, Francisco Gaudencio? Bakit di mo sinabi sa akin? Are you hiding something from me?" Sunod-sunod na tanong nito sa kanya habang hinahampas pa rin siya. How on earth did she know that he was in New York?

"How did you know?"

"So? Di ko pwedeng malaman? Ganoon? You better have one valid reason or else." Banta nito sa kanya. Her eyes blazing with fire. Her eyes are one of his favorite features of hers, they've always been expressive. Better tell her the truth but not all of it. He is gonna kill the person who spoiled his surprise!

"Yes, I've been to New York to attend some important business. Pancho and I talked to some producers about the European tour we are planning. It was a last-minute decision to meet with them and talk." His lengthy explanation to her. Hoping beyond hope that she will buy his reason. It was true though, he did meet with producers but not for a concert but his upcoming album.

"For a week?" She asked accusingly.

He was stunned. Whoever told Sarah on his stay in New York was well-informed. "How did you know?"

"That you stayed in New York for a week without telling me about it? Is there something I should know? I'm not angry that you were in New York or what you were doing there. My point is you should have told me about it. Imagined my shock when I saw your pictures strolling around New York when I thought you were in Canada for your concert tour." Her voice was laced with annoyance and a hint of controlled anger towards him.

"I'm sorry." All he could utter. He felt guilty for not informing her about the trip to New York.

"Sorry for what?"

Damn! No one warned him that Sarah can be this scary when she's angry. "For not saying that I went to New York."

"Why? Are you hiding something from me, Francisco?"

"Yes and no. I mean don't be a spoilsport Sarah." He said.

"So, you are hiding something, aren't you?"

"It's a surprise, okay? It's special. I won't do anything to hurt you or worse makes you question my intentions towards you. I would love to tell you about my trip but I don't want to ruin my plans. You will know it one of these days. So much for a surprise! What the heck! I'm gonna strangle the neck of whoever spoiled my New York visit to you." He said annoyingly.