Part 6

Tonys pov

All i hear is a high pitch scream coming from the other end of the phone. My heart froze. "Poppy! Poppy answer me! Are you okay?" I panicked. I never panic but i panicked. "Friday get my suit ready" i tell the IE. A suit comes flying over from the other side of the lab and attaches onto my body. "Set a flight plan to poppy west's penthouse" i order. I could see her house in the hood of my suit in front of my eyes so i used full thrusters and flew over there. I dont know why but my heart was sinking into my body. I have never felt like this about anyone.

I reach the penthouse and the door was already open. I could see poppy laying there unconscious so i rush over to her. "Oh tony stark i thought you hated her" i hear a voice i recognised that voice and when i look up my eyes directly meets his Quentin beck i fought this man a long time ago because he held peter hostage. "What do you want beck" i ask. "Your girlfriend" he says. "Which one are you referring to?" I ask cockily. "You can keep Potts i dont want her anymore i want this one" he points at poppy. "She isn't my girlfriend" i say. Even though i wanted her to be. "Oh well i will just take her then" he says. "Lay a hand on her i dare you see what happens" i warn. He leans down and goes to touch her but i blast him out the window. Her penthouse was over a cliff similar to mind but higher up. I could see beck flying back up to i used my suit to fight him. He was weak i only had to throw a thruster blast at him and he would fall. I used two and he ended up unconscious in the water. I think i just killed him. Oops.

I fly back to poppy and she was still laying there."Friday" i ask. "No heart beat detected boss" Friday says. My hear snapped fuck. I picked her up bridal style and flew her over to the compound. It only took me a few minutes as i used full blast. As soon as i got there everyone looked at me weird. "Bruce she hasn't got a heart beat" i say. He stands up and rushes down to the lap. I follow him and lay her lifeless body on the bed. I detach the suit and bruce uses the defibrillator to try and get her back. Dr strange comes down and touches her but nothing. "Is that girl mantis still here?" Bruce asks. "Yeah i think so" i reply. "Go get her she isn't dead" bruce says. It shocked me as she wasn't breathing but i didn't ask questions i walked straight back to main room. "Mantis follow me" i say. She stands up quickly and rushes behind me. Walking down to the lab she sees poppy. "I would do this but with her powers it might kill her. Its best if you keep pumping her heart and seeing if she will come back alive" she says. Bruce puts the defibrillator back on her and a couple of pushed later the machine starts working again.

"She is alive but we will have to wait until she wakes up to see what happened" bruce says. "How long will that take?" I ask. "Minutes hours days I'm not quite sure" bruce says. I put my thumbs up and him and strange walk out of the lab. I have no clue why but i found myself sitting here holding onto poppy's hand wanting her to wake up. It broke me. When pepper fell two hundred feet and I thought she died it didn't hurt me as much as it's hurting me to see poppy.

I sat there for a while with her. She acted strong but deep inside she was like everyone else in the world i just want to know what caused it. I decided that i will make myself some coffee and come back down here.

Poppy's pov.

Machines beeping, wires in my arms quite room. I slowly open my eyes well squint them to see that i was in a hospital room. Fuck i don't well i cant be in hospital my powers will get worse i need to get out of here. I try to sit up but the machine beeps and the door opens it wasn't a doctor it was tony. Oh fuck don't tell me he is the one who put me in here.

"Oh poppy Im so glad you are awake" he says in relief. "Yeah what happened?" I ask. "Im not entirely sure i went to your penthouse and you were unconscious i fought a man called Quentin beck and he was the one who made you like this" tony says. "I don't remember anything tony the last I remember is watching tv" i say. "You don't remember being on the phone to me?" He asks cocking his eyebrow. "No I remember laying on the sofa and thats it" i say. "Okay. Wait here" he says. Of course i had to wait as i was connected to machines.

A few seconds later the door opens again and bruce tony and anther man came in. I didn't know who the other man was to be honest i have never seen him before. "How you feeling?" Bruce asks. "Not sure i cant remember what happened" i say. "Have you got security in your home?" He asks. "Yeah i do of course i do I'm smart" i laugh. "We will have to look into it and see how you got unconscious" the man says. "Im sorry who are you?" I ask. "Im doctor Stephen strange well Im a doctor but not anymore if you get me" he says. "You are the funky wizard who has magic portals" i laugh. "I think she is hallucinating" he says. "Oh no I'm not i seen you and another man funny man he was going through a portal before" i say. "Oh Wong yeah you probably did see us. Anyway you need to rest until tomorrow" strange says. "Can i at least walk somewhere?" I ask. "Yeah to the toilet. Tony keep her company i will be back in an hour to take blood from you" bruce says.

Great stuck with tony i hope pepper comes in and she can see that tony is staying with me and not her. I will make him love me sounds creepy but i know there's something there.