1

Chapter 1

When I was a child, I used to play on my own. That's why, I am always scolded by my parents for going too far from home. "Caterina Tyson, how many times do I have to tell you, never go out on your own?!" I have already memorized how Mom, tells me off.

I just shrugged and returned to my bedroom.

On that one cold night, I was awakened by a hot feeling, and then a moment later, there were people screaming, "Fire!" I slowly sat on the bed and even scratched my eye to completely wake me.

"Caterina, come out!" My Mom's voice has called my attention.

I tried to open my door, but was startled by the hot knob. Currently, my room is almost burnt down. I covered my nose with my towel and dragged my blanket, so I can turn my doorknob. Yet, I failed to open my door. As I was coughing because of the smoke in my room, my very last words were, "I don't want to die."

After so many years, I still remembered that day, I couldn't believe that I am now a demon. Not only that, I became a sorta guardian of a girl named, Aranya.

Rose the Dragon Spirit, gave me life again after I almost left this world. "I grant you a new life as a demon, but only keep your voice to yourself, until she ascends as a true Dragon Spirit Queen." She was pertaining back then, Aranya, her heiress, her key to her mortality. Dragon Spirits usually come with partners. But, she was different, Rose was just a quarter Dragon Spirit, yet she still has supernatural abilities like her grandparents.

She was only a quarterling and she didn't have a partner to continue their line as Dragon Spirits.She told me that, Aranya will inherit her abilities and will have to live as an immortal, like she was. Poor girl, I hoped that she won't suffer like most immortal beings.

Aranya was my friend slash master. But, she doesn't know yet who was I before I became her guardian.

"Rose!" She called to my saviour. I was still kinda upset that Aranya's mother( yes, Rose and Aranya are not blood related) was the one who accidentally killed me and her. Yes, I was her neighbor. She was just lucky that Byron Smith, her then childhood friend, now husband and Aranya's father, prayed that she stays. But, alas, she didn't survive yet her spirit remained in this wretched world.

"Rose, how's Catty?" I almost hissed at her, my savior but I remembered that I owed her my life. As a demon. I originally wanted to be a dog as my dream reincarnation self. Because I hated my name and even spelled like Cat. And it is. Rose, didn't let me choose. Yet I am thankful of her.

"Come, Catty say hello to Rose, our fave aunt." I smirked in my mind. Aranya sees Rose as her aunt, an acquaintance of her parents. "Good, kitty." I purred when she held me and scratched my neck.

"Well, I have to go, say hello to your parents for me." That was an abrupt visit from our aunt. "But, Rose, at least have dinner?" Aranya almost cried.

"Maybe next time," she used her teleportation spell to be gone. "Rose!" I faced my Master and almost shook my head. I still need to act like a dumb cat.

"I miss Rose already, Catty." Me too, kid.

RaqyBer's thoughts:

Hallo! Another pain in the neck, English novel. I might love this one cause it's about a demon cat that was once a human girl. And I was really planning to write a story wherein a pet or an animal is the main character and narrator.

Black Beauty by Anna Sewell, inspired me to write one. Still reading it and I'm already hooked on it, even though, I've had a PDF copy since last year. Lols

I am going to read more classic English novels, in the future so I can get inspired more to write unique novels.

Thanks for reading Chapter 1!

See you in the next chapter.

Thanks to @Biloooggg! For challenging me(rather ordering me, joke!) into beginning this story.

I heart you new friend!!! :3