13

Deana's POV

It's been a while since the Belissima mayhem happened. I thought we were going back to our normal everyday life, but I was very wrong. "Deedee, I think Axel likes me." She shyly told me.

"And you like him too?" I smirked. "Well." She did a childish gesture wherein she placed her hands behind her back, and pouted while looking at the floor. "Then, court him first."

She looked at me with a blush. "Hmmph!" she stomped away from the room and I can't help but shake my head.

"Hey, have you seen the Wolf and the Fish tail?" Catty asked. She's referring to the other Aranya guardians. A mermaid and a wolf. "Yeah, I saw them staring each other, and I thought they were gonna kiss."

Catty nodded and she left the room too. I'm now in the center hall of the second floor, overlooking a beach view from a oblong window. I remember Aranya's parents.

"I miss them." I shook my fur and nap in my dog bed.

Catty's POV

How simple-minded! Anyways, I hope Rose will change her mind into becoming a full human. I still feel that it's worthless to be a non magical human. "Spirit! I told you, I want to be human, and it makes me sick whenever I am a quarter dragon spirit."

I can see that she's about to cry and fortunately her new lover, is here to comfort her.

"But, I don't want to live an immortal life with you dying at the end." Spirit Guardian, her sworn enemy turned lover said. "I don't know," He held her face and kissed her forehead. "What about our child?"

I almost gasped. "What child?" I can't help asking. I am a spectator might as well, ask you know.

Rose disappeared and so did Spirit. Oh, those! "Hi, Catty!"

I nodded at him and looked at the wall clock, "I'll prepare lunch."

Aranya seems happier nowadays, thank goodness. It's been six months since the Belissima incident.

"Hey, can I still hang with you?" Axel asked. I wasn't quite sure as Aranya's main guardian, if I interfere or what. Aranya is still young and immature. "Depends." Hmm, maybe he'll be a good companion to her at least.

Come morning that day, Axel introduced Aranya to his family, Elda and Mida.

"Mom, Sister, this is Aranya and her guardians." Elda is just nodding while embracing her daughter. "Mom, I am okay, why not cuddle your son too?"

And so, she did and planted his face with kisses. "Oh my precious children."

I understand her touchy feely attitude towards her children. She seems like a star on tv and her other showbiz commitments, but a widowed person with kids as their mother still at home.

"Stop it, Mom, you making my future sweetie cry," he teased. "I'm not crying!"

Aranya stomped out and went to the front yard. Axel followed her and I stayed to know more about this family who will be part of Aranya's life in the future.

"Catty, what's for lunch?" I broke away from my reminiscing, "Spaghetti Meatballs."

I saw her smile, and almost dipped her finger on the sauce pan. "No!"

I slapped her hand and got her a teaspoon. "Sorry!" She received the spoon, and took a taste of the sauce. "Always the same yum!"

I pinched her cheek and continued preparing the veggies and the ground chicken meat.

Well! I thought the day will be peaceful, but, danger came to us soon after.

RaqyBer's thoughts:

I'm back!!! Hiatus is finally over. At least my busy life is quite manageable again.

Writing for me is a way to comfort me. And I did miss writing.

So, not promising that I'll weekly update this story as usual, at least, I'll do it whenever the mood is nice.

Thanks for reading! See you next part!