The Angel of Death

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

My heart it lulls,

Ghost in the sheets

I know if I'm haunting you, you must be haunting me.

-Haunted by Beyonce-

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Later on.

"Now would be a gooe to finish me off, don't you think, baby girl?"

His minty breath engulfs my senses causing the hair on my neck to stand up and my heartbeat to quicken. My grip tightened around him as I grazed his neck with the blade.

The crimson liquid seeps from his skin and I smirked to myself- the amusement in his eyes flaming my curiosity and tugging at my desires.

"Penny for your thoughts, Armani?" I said, watching as the crimson blade grazed over his skin.

"To die at your hands, baby? I couldn't think of a more heavenly way to die."

■■■■■■■■■

Earlier on.

Gemma.

I looked at the surroundings with sadness in my eyes.

The cage I kept most of my darkest memories has broken over into my consciousness. Once again, I was compelled to relive the parts of my life I tried so damn hard to forget.

The foolish girl who thought she could have the world and lost everything. I was left spiraling as I thought of every single moment I had to spend without my family only to come back as someone else.

Artemis.

I had just arrived here at my late father's ranch in Mexico, Hacienda Sotuta de Peon, with the hope of fulfilling my last duty as the only living offspring of Patrick Levine. The God of War.

I was standing in my favorite spot which was on the top of the hills where I could see the breathtaking view of the Hacienda Sotuta de Peon and the big palm trees enclosing it.

Closing my eyes, I inhaled the fresh air and exhaled. I did that a couple of times and then my horse, Onyx, began making some weird sounds.

As I unfurled my eyes, I found his big dark pupils on me, gawking at me while moving his head as if he wanted to tell me something.

"¿Qué pasa, Mi Amor? Hmm?" I hummed softly as I stroked his long silk black hair, hoping to calm him down but all in vain. He made a roaring sound and moved out of my hold. <What's the matter, my love?>

"Okay. Okay, calm down." I snorted and hopped onto his back. I tapped my feet on his side and that was his cue to run, slowly at first until his pace became fast.

As Onyx lowered his pace, I realized that we were already at the stable. I got off of him and let one of the helpers guide him inside the stable.