16

My own hand lost the grip on the bridge and I knew I was done.

His eyes were fixed on me, his brain too slow to comprehend what was going on.

I knew too well what was about to come.

Death.

I closed my eyes in hope that it will be less painful that way.

I realized I wasn't falling, something wasn't right.

"Boss!" I felt Ian's grip on my shoulder.

Toby was holding him so he wouldn't fall from the position he was currently in.

He was lying on the construction of the bridge, saving my life.

In the blink of eye I was back on my feet.
My heart was racing when I realized I was about to die just few seconds back.

"Thanks, good job lads."

"Where is he?" I saw Harry was no longer there.

"Here boss, Mathias helped him up." I took in his appearance.

"Alright. Good job done here. Now you all go back by one car, LP won't wait. Joshua you will wait in the second car for me." they all nodded before leaving me there alone with him.

He was sitting on the ground, looking so out of place.

"C'mon get up." I crossed my arms on my chest. He obeyed me, looking down on the tips of his shoes, not saying anything.

I could feel anger taking over me.

"Did you acknowledge the fact that we saved your fucking life?" wow, I didn't mean to be this fire.

"I didn't ask you to do that." he shook his head.

"Yeah, right. You wanted to die, sorry for rescuing you!" I was being dramatic maybe but who wouldn't?

"You know what? Jump, just do it!" I spitted out.

He turned to look at me with the most hurt face I have ever seen, his eyes prickling with tears and his bottom lip white from how hard he was biting on it to stay silent.

"This is how you make me feel. I hate myself for what I was. I hate myself even more for-" he didn't finish the sentence.

He slowly approached the edge again, sitting down with his legs in the air.

"If this is what you want I am gonna jump, maybe I will finally do something right." I couldn't watch this. I pulled him back, away from the edge, picking him up into my arms.

"No one will die tonight." I began to walk to the staircase, making our way down towards the car.

When we were down and I wanted him to stand on his feet I realized he fell asleep.

I sat into the backseats with him still in my hold. I didn't know what to do, you know?

Joshua stared at us through the rear view mirror, smirk playing on his lips.

"What are you looking at?" he just shrugged, looking away to not make me mad.

I took my eyes to that sleeping creature instead.

His pink lips were parted slightly, his curls all over the place and his eyelashes trembling.

I didn't think before caressing his cheek with my thumb.

What?
Why would I do that?
I took my hand away when I realized what have I done.

The boy squirmed in my hold, burying his face into my jumper.