Chapter 16

Yeah this picture single-handedly made my friend a cult leader

Y/N'S POV

After the wall had opened up everyone stepped outside. Once we got out a person who looked like a midget stood there with his arms behind his back. "Ladies and gentlemen, congratulations on escaping Trick Tower." I'm guessing the examiner for the Trick Tower said to us. Let me just say his hairstyle is ugly as hell. Who thought it would be a good idea to shave the sides of their head and then dye it all purple? Atrocious.

The ugly short ass man then continued to talk. "Only the Fourth Phase and the Final Phase remain." The ugly-ass man then pointed behind him with his thumb. "The Fourth Phase will take place over there, on Zevil Island. Let's proceed." The man snapped his fingers.

A person rolled over a cart of some sort with a box on the top which had a hole in it. "I need all of you to draw lots." That really got people talking.

The dumbasses all started to murmur. "Lots?" Some extra let out confused.

"For what?" Okay, that question wasn't stupid.

"To determine who will hunt and who will be the hunted." The examiner answered. He put his hand out towards the box. "There are twenty-five numbered cards in here. In other words, the numbers correspond to all remaining applicant's ID numbers." Once he said that I quickly looked at everyone and their badges. "Now, I need you each to draw a card, will the first person come forward?"

The wack ass clown from the first phase who cut off a dudes arms started to walk up. He grabbed a card looked at it for a moment flipped it over and walked away looking pleased. The next person was a guy with a bunch of needles sticking out his head who was rattling. I'm just gonna stop paying attention to these people because what the hell.

I just know I'm after Kurapika. After a while of people choosing a card the atrocious dresser that is Gon turned to Killua and me. "Hey, Killua. Y/n." Gon called out.

"Huh?" Killua immediately responded while I just looked at him.

"He said something about hunting and being hunted. Does that mean we'll be fighting each other?" Gon asked just as Kurapika finished so I left to go and draw a card. Putting my hand in the box I grabbed the first one I felt. Taking my hand out I look at the card I got and pocketed it in my hoodie.

I went back to stand beside Gon as Killua went to draw a card. "Just to be clear." I started and Gon looked at me. "I am not going to fight an assassin." I finished and Gon chuckled.

"That's understandable." Gon smiled. Once Killua came back balancing his card on his finger Gon went up. After Tonpa- no that sounds wrong.

After Dream Killer grabbed his card the examiner spoke. "Has everyone taken a card? All right, go ahead and remove the sticker." The examiner demanded of us.

Taking the card out of my pocket I removed the white sticker and saw the number 64. 'Well, no need for the card now.' I thought putting it back in my pocket.

"That indicates your target." The examiner informed. Everyone gasped and I was just happy I wouldn't have to die fighting an assassin. Most people took off their badges hearing what he said. The man put his hand on the box. "This box has recorded which card each of you drew. This means that you're free to dispose of the cards if you wish. The objective is to steal your target's ID badge." The examiner explained.