Chapter 4

** Flashback**

"Hunny I'm home!" My dad called to my mom

"How was work"? My mom groaned from the kitchen.

"Fine" and with that dad went to go take a shower.

A couple minutes later he comes back downstairs after his shower and goes and hugs mom from behind. And kisses her cheek. I always wanted a relationship like mom and dads. Always loving, caring, honest, and never give up on eachother.

My grandpa once told me. The key words to marriage is simply "yes dear" and that would get you through the marriage.

But it's not.

Clay also told me once that true loves kiss doesn't exist. But his opinion changed once he kissed this girl back in grade school and said it did exist. I still didn't Belive him. Maybe I should. But I don't. And I don't know if I ever will.

The next day I took clay back to my house. He technically lives here already.

I helped him walk up to the extra bedroom where he will be staying for a while.

"Alrighty, there you go." I paused "need anything before I go?"

"Ca-can you just put my clothes in the dresser. . . My head is kinda; hurting."

"Oh! Of course, go ahead and lay down. Take a rest!"

"Thank you..?"

"Kaylee"

"Kaylee"

And with that I unpacked his bag and put his clothes where they belonged. I turned around and Clay was sound asleep laying on his side. He looks so peaceful.
**Later**
"No! You can't do that!" I laugh historically

"Yes I can!! There's no rule about that!"

The next second Clay is walking down the stairs, my cousin Jay was over to give me some company, he lives down in southern Utah. And we hardly ever see each other.

"Who's this?" Clay asks

"You don't remember me?" I haven't told him yet.

Crap.

"N-no"

"Jay, Clay got in an accident, he got amnesia.. He hardl remembers anything.. His memory may come back, it may not."

"Oh..." Jay sighs. "Well, Hello Clay! I'm Jay, kaylees cousin."

"Hi" Clay is now sitting next to me.

"How did you sleep? You feeling okay?"

"It felt good to sleep in a normal bed for once. And yeah.. Head still hurts but pulling through" Clay says as he nods his head.

"Do you want your pain pills?"

"Maybe at dinner.. Speaking of witch. What is for dinner?"

"Anything you want Clay!" Jay spoke up.

"I'll just have a Pb & J sandwitch please."

"Okay, what to drink"

"Water." Clay says and heads to the bathroom.

"He's not the Clay I remember.. How are you holding up darling?"

I turn around and look at Jay his eyes are a hazel with a little more blue in it. They are soft, filled with worry.

"I'm trying to stay strong for him.. But sometimes it just doesn't feel normal with him any more. He just feels like a long lost friend.. And I keep thinking am I ever gonna get him back? Or is he gone forever?"

"That's the best thing you could do, be strong, be there for him, make him laugh, make him forget that he has memory loss. Do all the things he used to enjoy doing in life. Make him alive." Jay spoke

That's the thing I love about Jay, he always has the most caring words and he is almost always right.

"Thanks Jay.. For everything"

"Hey! What are cousins for?"

Jay is going through social media while I am fixing up the 3 sandwiches. Once I finish I go back into the living room and sit down. The next second me and Jay hear a Thud.

"Clay!" I scream and get up and run to the bathroom. I twist the doorknob and it opens.

"Clay..."

"I-I'm fine kaylee! Just leave me alone! God! Don't you ever know when to stop!"

"Clay I-"

"Don't pity me."

And with that. He walked back up into his room. And I left him alone for the next couple hours.

I find myself walking upstairs by his bedroom. Stop kaylee. No pity, he didn't eat though! And his pills! Ugh!

"Clay?" I knock on his door

"Yea, it's open. I geuss"

"I made you your Sandwitch earlier before you freaked out. Your probley pissed at me, but you need to eat and have your pills." I set everything down on the bedside table.

"Thank you"

That's all he has to say. Good.
-------- night time --------
"No! No! Stop! Stop it!" I wake up due to the yelling and go down to jays room and open the door. He is tossing and turning and has puddles of sweat on him. I run up to him and shake his shoulders trying to wake him.

"Jay! Jay! Wake up!"

Jay shots forward sitting up and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Kaylee, you scared me. What are you doing in here?" He's out of breath due to his yelling.

"I heard you screaming. What was that for?"

"Nightmares. Get me quit a bit."

"Okay. Do you need me to stay or are you okay?"

"Go, go back to bed. I'll be okay" he says with a forced smile.

I get up and go back to bed. It's quiet for the rest of the night.
---------- next day ----------
I have been up since five AM. Just staring at the ceiling. After jays.. Incident. I couldn't sleep, I just keep thinking, and thinking. Clay was right. I never know how to stop my pity.

I decide to take a quick shower. Once I am done I go back into my room and pull out my black and white leggings, with a blue long sleeved shirt along with black uggs and earrings. What? It's fall anyways.

Once I am done getting dressed I go and do my hair and makeup. My makeup isn't too complicated. Foundation and mascara. I just do loose curls on my hair and call it good. I walk downstairs and nobody is up yet.

I decide to call Shaylee (shays full name) and see if she wants to go and walk around the mall.

After a while I finally reach her house. She has a wonderful house! Her parents have always had a well paying job. She comes out her door and hops in the passenger seat.

"Hey lovely" she speaks.

"Hey" I say simply adding a smile

"So.. How's Clay?" She asks as I back out of the driveway. Shaylee always has the cutest outfits. Just simple pants and a jacket with hair in a ponytail and she looks like a model.

"He kinda sorta snapped at me because I was giving him pitty"

"Are you serious? has he remembered anything yet?"

"No"

"Do you want him to?"

"Of course I do"

"Why doesn't it Seem like it?"

"He's gonna remember her. I know it. And he's gonna want her, more then me."