Chapter 24

[ Liberty Island ]

The wind was blowing coldly that night. It was quiet and peaceful, something they didn't expect once they arrived at Liberty Island. Just like the news had been saying all these past months, there have been significant construction on the Statue of Liberty, with them adding a shield to the famous destination.

It was in honor of Steve Rogers, who had sadly been rumoured to have passed away at that time. Now, it was even more awkward that they had to be fighting there given the progress it has achieved so far. Luckily for them, it seemed like everyone had a day off and were away from the construction site.

Peter (Tom), Peter (Andrew), Peter (Tobey), and Strange all stepped on a wooden but unstable plank, as they arrived at the place where the villains had held up. The quick glimmer of MJ and Ned on the news was enough for Peter (Tom) to believe that they needed him and not them.

However, things didn't seem like they were going too well, as the helicopter from earlier that was filming the venue was no longer present. It was just the flashing of cameras on the other island that was covering the event.

Peter (Tom) and Strange were up front, looking up at the structure of the landmark to see anything different. As they scanned, Peter (Tom) had to say something in the middle of an important moment.

"Hey, I hate to bring this up but..."

"Don't—" Strange tried to stop it but it was too late.

"Captain Marvel?"

"Busy with whatever the universe has in store for her."

"Thor?"

"Moved on."

"Mr. Banner?"

"Dealing with a lawyer."

"Hawkeye?"

"Really? He has a family." Strange found it odd for him to bring up someone like Clint.

"That girl who has those red powers?"

"God knows where she is,"

"Captain America!"

"Are you kidding me? He's like 95!" Strange was now finding it absurd.

"No! I'm talking about Captain America!"

"Oh." Strange took back his reaction. "He's still dealing with an organization around the world." He then stopped him from continuing. "Look, whoever you think that will come isn't coming. It's just the four of us, and that's all we'll need."

"I'm just saying." Peter (Tom) gestured. "We could have someone like Ant-Man come in here and turn all giant."

"Yeah... Scott." Strange imagined but quickly snapped out of it. "N—no... he has a family too. Can we just deal with this? We're the only people in New York that could deal with this."

"It's a suggestion." Peter (Tom) noted once again.

"Yeah, well—it's a bad one."

Peter (Andrew) and Peter (Tobey) stared at the Statue, seeing it being reconstructed. It was a first for any of them to see. Still, they needed to be vigilant about their surroundings.

"Where do you think they can hide a device that could potentially open the Multiverse?" Peter (Andrew) spoke, seeing no abnormalities around.

"You would think it's out in the open." Peter (Tobey) agreed.

"What are they even using to power Electro? He won't be enough to power this whole thing." Peter (Andrew) tried to spot something away from the structure. "They must have a lot under their sleeves."