Winter in the Cookie Kingdom

Looking down at his notebook there were ingredients written down that were needed for the next 2 weeks, but it seemed that an ingredient was forgotten.

Espresso lifted his head with a frown on his face looking towards Herb's shop, he sighed and quickly walked off towards Herb's place.

___

Arriving at Here's Flower shop he was greeted with a watering can thrown to his feet. Stepping over the can, Espresso looked over towards the direction the watering can came from.. But he didn't expect to see a puffy brown creature dancing with a few plants, Espresso smiled a little with a soft cough.

Herb froze when he heard the cough, slowly turning around and meeting Espresso gaze, feeling his face heat up. Rubbing his nose in embarrassment he asked, "E-espresso! Do you need something?"

Espresso nodded, he pulled out his tiny notebook, "is it possible that you have Cocoa beans?"

Herb took the notebook and scanned it over, thinking for a moment he turned around to walk to his house, "Espresso, why don't you come in and warm yourself?"

Espresso thought for a moment, his body has become a little numb from the bitter wind. Nodding his head he followed Herb inside, entering the shop he was greeted by a huge flower that was settled down in an open area.

The huge flower was reddish with a tad of pink to it, it was Herb's Cookievorous Plant that he had adopted a while back on his quest to beautify the kingdom. He remembers watching Gingerbrave and Wizard Cookie coming back traumatize, and poor Pancake Cookie who was behind Herb when he had praised the flower that had almost eaten his friends. Espresso didn't understand why Gingerbrave and the others allowed Herb to keep the plant, but Espresso had no complaints about it.

While looking for a chair to rest in, Herb went to the storage room where he keeps his seeds. After searching for a while, he came back and found Espresso sitting on a chair near a heater. walking over he apologized. "Sorry Espresso, I don't have any cocoa beans on me, you may need to visit Mango Cookie or Sorbet Cookie! They might have a better chance of having them!"

Standing up from the chair he gave his familiar bow, "No worries, a little more walking won't hurt me."

But his hand's sold him out, as he turned to walk out his hand twitched slightly. A little more walking? Mango and Sorbet live off the coast, That's halfway across the kingdom! Espresso opened the door and quickly walked out.

Herb let out a breath of relief as he watched Espresso walking out, turning towards the Cookiesnap plants,"ah, what a healthy, and lovely plant you are!" He walked over and picked up a water can and watered the cookievorous plant while shaking his head with a gentle sigh.

When Espresso walked out of the warm store, he was slapped with a cold wind looking up at the sky. All one could see this time of year was a white blanket, no blue sky, or the warmth of the bright sun.

Blue.. reminds me of a cookie I have not seen in sometime.

"What a long day it has been.." shaking his head, he hurried along the icy path. Just because he was part of the coffee race doesn't mean he liked the cold, he very much despised it.