Let's Make Hot Cocoa!

While walking through the deep snow, Madeleine glanced at Espresso every so often.

When they had entered Espresso's Lab, Madeleine was rather astonished to see Espresso's plain brown hair.

Having grown used to seeing Espresso's hair being dyed, Madeleine began to like his hair dyed. It suited him, it made him unique.

When he mentioned his hair losing it's dye, he expected Espresso to retaliate, sadly Espresso had only scuffed. It humored Madeleine slightly. He always found it fun to tease that cookie for some reason.

Before leaving, Madeleine had watched Espresso body movement when he mentioned the letter, he knew Espresso despised the Republic, Madeleine himself did not know why, so he could only assume.

Madeleine's family believed that they had hid the real world from him while he lived in the manor, but in truth, Madeleine aways sneaked out during the night when everyone had fallen asleep. He would go around and visit Villages, one Village in particular.

Biscuit Village

It had an odd name, but the founder of the village was a Biscuit. It used to be the capital of the Republic, Parfaedia, but it soon lost its power, and became a village of the poor.

The reason Madeleine always went to this certain Village is because of the poor, he'd buy or steal food from his own home and bring it here.

What really intrigued him most about this Village was one of the cookies, Madeleine didn't know the cookie's name but that cookie didn't like Madeleine very much, the cookie would always glare at him whenever he came by.

The cookie wasn't particularly good looking, but he was worth the second glance!

Whenever Madeleine tried to give him food, the cookie would just glare at him with the one eye he had opened. Yes, one eye, ever since Madeleine has seen this cookie they always had their left eye closed.

There was no scar on that eye, but they always had it closed. Madeleine could never ask why, everytime he did the cookie would stand up and walk away into a small cottage.

The Elder cookies would apologize for him, saying:

"Don't Mind E, he's been like this ever since his parents died.. don't take his cold eye to heart, he is a rather kind young Cookie!"

"Just give him sometime." The elderly cookie patted Madeleine's hand with a soft smile.

Madeline would come whenever he could, this went on for 7 years. When he had turned 17 his parents had him learn to fight to become the next Divine protector.

It has been said that the 4th generation son would be the next protector, no matter what. It was in their blood!

Or at least that's what he was told.

Madeleine never had time to sneak out, he was either studying magic, or training.

One day while he was walking around the Manor he heard some of the servants speaking. He was just going to walk by when he heard that they were talking about the city.

Madeleine hadn't been outside the Manor's wall for so long, he was rather curious of what was going on, so he hid behind a pillar and listened.

"Did you hear? There was a cookie who had refused Madam!" the voice cried

"How bold!" The other one gasped

"That's not all, The Cookie has become famous for their studies! They work along with Professor Latte at Parfaedia Institute!" The cookie whispered, "I heard that the cookie uses coffee magic!"