An unwanted king

Each kingdom first stayed in a group, until they found they're ways to that of their kingdoms. As each smiled, and went off, they had all returned to awful things.. But the first of each to follow, would be the king Eret, found by his people as a criminal.

"THERE HE IS!!" One shouted, and an angry mob started to yell, shouting cusses at him, even insulting the horse he rode on. Niki soon followed, shocked by the actions of the people. "YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE KING!!" A commoner shouted to Eret, and almost everyone agreed. Suddenly, someone pointed out Niki.

"Why can't we have A queen?!? Queen Nihachu!!" A young girl shouted, somehow convincing the whole crowd. "Woah, WOAH!" Niki said, trying to calm them down. "Now, I know Eret made some mistakes- But can't you all find it in your hearts to forgive him?!?" she exclaimed, desperate..

She didn't want to be queen.. She couldn't be queen.. Niki had an awful past having control.. Being a royal.. Eret was one of her only friends at that time who saw her as more than a princess.

She had previously had blonde and black hair, though as she ran from her kingdom.. She dyed it, and Eret offered her a position at his kingdom.. At first she offered to be a maid, but he wouldn't agree. They kept spitballing, until they decided she'd be an advisor.

She ran as her family made her make all the decisions.. She was only 16 at the time, though treated as if already a queen. She was lost in her thoughts of a past life, when suddenly interrupted. "HE SHOULD BE THROWN OUT OF THE KINGDOM!!" Peasants started to throw things at him, as he now started riding faster, getting to the castle before he could get hurt.

"Are you proud of yourselves?!?!" Niki yelled, angrily. "He didn't have a choice, you know!! It was their lives or his!! You would have all made the same decision, yet you still chose to shame him!!" She started to ride closer to the castle after the crowd had taken in her words, afraid she'd say something she shouldn't..

As she rode towards the castle, she could see guards fighting off rebellious citizens. It sickened her to see that.. Knights who'd sworn to protect the people and their king, having to fight the people, in order to protect the king..

It was an awful sight to see. She'd wished she didn't have to see it.. But she did. She did, and she couldn't change that. "Any important news to note?" Niki asked, passing a guard who was not fighting, holding her notebook and pen.

"There's a peasant who requested to speak with the king. He said he wanted to have an election of sorts." The knight said, speaking solemnly "Their name, if you would?" "They call themself jschlatt, Though we have found their name to be Johnathan Schlatt" "Thank you for the information, Sir." Niki ended the conversation, bowing.

She got all of the information noted down, slightly shocked by the information, but keeping it hidden. She had a fake face, which she often used when discussing important information. She never let sadness, anger, fear, shock, or even happiness show on her face. She kept herself looking calm, even when she wasn't.

She walked into the castle, more quiet on the inside then the outside, which was uncommon. Often the castle was bustling with workers, maids, chef's, other advisors, anyone who had a job in the castle, but.. There was no one. Only Eret, sitting on his throne, head in hands, sighing from the stress he already had.

"Eret, I know it's probably not the time.. But I have more bad news." Niki told him, with a sigh. "What else could go wrong?!?" Eret exclaimed, groaning. "No, No wait, let me guess.. A kingdom is invading? No, No, that's too simple, No.. A shop exploded.. N-" "Eret, Johnathan Schlatt, you're old advisor.. He- He wants to run against you for the position of king." Niki sighed, waiting for Eret to start panicking.

"You're joking?" He asked, bitterly. "I'm afraid not, Eret." "This is a sick joke Niki, Tell me the gods be damned truth." "Eret- That is the tr-" "NIKI, HE DIED LAST YEAR!!" Eret yelled, shocking Niki. "I- I'm only quoting the words of the knights, Eret.." Niki said, now scared.

"Niki, I watched an arrow shoot through his chest. He died in my arms.. Either they got it wrong, or hell, he was magically revived." Eret rolled his eyes, slightly letting the anger drain from his voice.

"I- I- I'm.. I'm so- I'm so, so.. I'm so sorry- Eret.." Niki stumbled over her words, trying not to mess up what she would say. "I'm sorry for getting mad, Niki.. It's a touchy subject, and it's been a rough day." Eret sighed, putting his head in his hands once more.

"I'll leave you be, I'm sorry for bringing it up.." Niki said, walking towards her study. She still had papers to fill out that she didn't manage to before they left, as well as having to unpack the satchel-like bag that she took with her.