Chapter 5: It's just the beginning

Warning; this chapter contains physical abuse and screams.
~~~~~

"You know, I don't get it." "Whata ya mean, 'you don't get it?'" "It means I don't understand something!" The colorful skeleton raised his hands as a small chuckle left his teeth. "Whoa! Calm it Inky! I get it, ya upset things aren't goin' ta plan. I'm not takin' sides, but don't ya think what ya doin' is bad?" "Nothing I do is bad Fresh! I'm the hero of this multiverse! I'm the literal god who protects everyone from the fucking glitch!"

"Please broski, calm it. Don't get too upset about my step bro. I know me and him don't get along great but please, homeslice bread slice, don't down talk him like dat," the colorful skeleton told the other, slowly lowering his hands. "Fuck him! He's my sworn enemy! I'm making sure that everyone in this damn multiverse knows that! Even you! I don't fucking care about him! I don't fucking care about anyone! Why?! It's because I can't feel real emotions without my damn vials!" The painter angrily told his dearest friend. The colorful skeleton quickly raised his hands again then said, "Look homie, I enjoy being ya friend and all, but I ain't yo therapist."

"Fuck you," Ink told him, giving Fresh the middle finger before melting into a puddle of ink. Fresh sighed as he dropped his hands before slipping them into his coat pockets. He was about to go somewhere else but saw something on the ground.

He walked closer to it before kneeling down and carefully looking at this thing. It was a glass vial with a red liquid in it. "Inky musta forgot to grab this. Must be one of his paints, but it don't look it," he casually said aloud.

He took his left hand out of his pocket before picking it up. He carefully looked at the liquid as he gently moved it around. "Dat ain't paint. I wonder what dis is." He looked at it some more, getting more and more intrigued by the consistency. He didn't realize he had stood up and was about to drink this liquid before he paused. He stared at the liquid before putting the lid back on. "Dats some weird stuff if it can do dat. I'll give it to Sci and see what he thinks 'bout it."

~~~

A gentle pant left the white tank topped skeleton. He finished sweeping up a mess that the leader had made. He dumped it into the garbage before walking the broom and dustpan back to the cleaning closet on the first floor. When he arrived, he saw his friend, the glitchy skeleton. "Hey Error," he exhaustingly told him. "You ok? You don't look so well," He asked, sounding really concerned. "I really don't feel well," he said before his vision blacked out.

The glitchy skeleton flinched as he saw his friend collapse on the ground, letting the broom and dustpan drop, hitting the floor with a thud. He knelt down by him before checking to see if there was a pulse. He sighed, feeling a pulse. He looked at Cross's face, he looked pale, almost as pale as a blank white sheet of paper.

He slowly stood up before hurring to the leader's office. He held one hand on his stomach as he felt the amount of food he ate jumping up and down as he ran. When he showed up to Nightmare's office, he knocked on the door as he waited. The door soon opened to reveal the king.

"Nightmare...Cross..he-" he said, sounding out of breath as the leader interrupted. "Call my boss, or my king, don't call me by my name," he sternly said. Error took a deep breath then said, "Sorry boss, Cross had passed out right outside of the cleaning closet on the first floor." "That's not my problem. Why don't you deal with him? Just wake him up and tell him he needs to not pass out," the leader said before closing the doors on Error.

~~~

"What do you mean?" The prince asked the hooded skeleton. "Sorry, I'm probably not making sense," he told him. "You don't need to apologize. Come in and we can talk more," the positive prince said, leading Dust and Horror into his palace.

The two friends looked around surprised at how fancy it was. Dust didn't like how bright it was with white, Horror didn't mind it because his AU was always dark.

"So tell me," the prince started. "What did my brother do to you guys?" "He..didn't do anything..to us," the skeleton with the hole in his head slowly said. That surprised his friend, he knew how Horror didn't speak with others unless it was necessary. The prince looked at him then asked, "What did he do?" "He..told us..if we don't follow..his rules...We would get punished..because he made new..rules." "What are these new rules?" "I can tell them for you bud," the hooded skeleton said, looking at his friend before looking at the prince in front of him, telling him these rules.

~~~

The leader yelled out something as a loud whip-like sound cracked as the white tanked topped skeleton screeched out in pain. No matter where Error was, he heard the loud cracks of the whip and Cross's screams.

He felt bad, he wished there was something he could do, but there wasn't anything other than follow what their leader told them to do. He honestly felt like a slave. He hated it more than anything. He hated it almost as bad as he hated Ink. But note, it wasn't to the point of hating Ink, right below it.

Another loud crack echoed as screams followed right behind. He got shivers down his spine. He hated it so much.

~~~

"Wrong! When will you ever get it right?!" The leader yelled as he whipped the ribs of the skeleton strapped to the wall. He was only stripped of his shirt and nothing else. He screeched out in pain. "Stop yelling in pain like the fucking wimp you are! Hold it in and don't god damn show it! That's how this world works, now shut the fuck up!" The king yelled, getting the whip ready.

The skeleton shook in fear and from feeling cold. The wall felt cold like he was laying in snow without proper gear for the snow. "Stop shaking god damn it!" He lightly flinched hearing how loud the leader's voice was. He hated it. He wished he would have contacted Dream to help them out. He didn't think about it till it was way too late.

The king asked a question but the shirtless skeleton missed it. He kept his mouth shut as he still shook. He was preparing for the pain the whip was going to feel on his bones. He knew he's going to endure so much more pain, he just knew this was just the beginning.

~~~

The glitchy skeleton sighed as he wiped the sweat off of his frontal. He finished cleaning the leader's bathroom. He sat on the floor and leaned up against the wall. It was a big bathroom. There was a shower, a bathtub that had jets, and even a smaller closet in it as well. It was a wide open space.

He gently bumped his head on the wall before closing his sockets. He was tired, drained is a better word for it. He was mentally and physically drained. He knew Cross was too. He just wondered how Dust, Horror, and Killer would do if they end up showing back up here. He doubts it but it's quite possible.

He sighed softly, he supposed he should get back to it. He didn't want to get a punishment..not again anyway.