Words

11/28/21

________________________________________________________

The words scratched at her throat, edging her on to let them out. To speak them to the world for all to hear, yell them from the tallest mountains and let them echo to the deepest of caves. Your words will reverberate in the minds of many, they will heal hearts and send devils crashing down to the hell they crawled their way out of. So she opens her mouth, not to yell, not to scream, but to whisper in a soft hymn of a voice. She sings not of the atrocities they've committed, not of how they killed her loves, brought her down, beat her, dragged her through tortuous night after torturous day, nor of the senseless violent acts they thrust upon her mind and body. Her song, her words spoke only of hope and peace, love and no war. Her words could so easily be lost in the wind, another cry for help, another sweet little rhythm we only give space to in the backs of our mind when we are feeling particularly merciful. Instead they rose above, above the silence of the caverns, above the crashing of the waves at sea, above the peaks of the mountains, and higher than the booming sky. Her song had reached higher than her yell could have ever, and when it came raining down it strung a core to the very core of the earth, bringing all it's people down to their knees. Her words were soft but her message strong and clear. The world had wronged her, but so help her if she wasn't going to make it right.

________________________________________________________

Sometimes you want to speak but you can't. This is unedited because I was lazy lol