A Prince, A Princess, and A Dragon

12/3/21

________________________________________________________

There are two tales telling of a story that took place in a far away land. These are polar opposite of one another, clashing and colidding, showing the very nature of humanity's relationship to the unknown. Despite all this they share a few things in common, among these are a prince, a princess, and a dragon.

The first of the two contrasting tales tells of a monster, blackened evil with greed, a ferocious fire breathing dragon. This dragon snatched a precious princess from her beautiful glittering white castle and stole her away to it's dirty dark rotting cavern, holding her captive next to a rabid fire.

A noble prince rode to her rescue, in attempts to valiantly slay the foul beast. His glorious blade blossomed from its rearing neck. It admitted a terrible shriek as its head was severed from its body. Embracing her savior he swept her off her delicate feet, tears of joy streaming from her eyes, their hair billowed in the wind as they rode steadfast on horseback together, clinging to one another in a loving manner. A prince winning over a princess.

The second story follows similar events in a very different way. There was a dragon who lived in the woods in a quaint little cave they called their home. Everyday they went to pick up a princess from her castle garden so they could search for wild flowers and plants to bring back and decorate their homes with. They were dancing around, playing and singing, kept warm from the cool cave air by a small fire the dragon had blown for them. Out of nowhere in the midst of hanging up flowers they heard a neight. A prince charged in on obsidian steed, sword raised and sent lunging downwards, her dragon's head tumbled to the ground without its body. She screamed in shock at what had just occurred, as he, clad in bloodied armor, yanked her onto his horse. They rode off, set for his kingdom, her tears of sorrow for a lost friend fell to the ground in time with the horse's canter.

At first these tales seem like two sides of the same coin. You route for the prince who saved the princess, but then mourn for her loss as you learn the truth, one story, two perspectives. However, what if I was to tell you, they were not the same stories at all? In fact they were two different happenings altogether.

To humans they thought the dragon from one was the dragon from the other, they never bothered to see that one dragon had wings while the other had talons, nor did they make an effort to notice one princess was brunette and the other blonde. For to them all dragons look alike and women aren't even worth a second glance, to them the prince is the main character, whether hero, or villain. So in the end these stories are simply enlightening us to the ignorant and imprudent ways of men.

________________________________________________________

Did this prompt with my friend. I don't know how well it turned out, I like them essage but the writing seems a bit messy.