Episode 3: Learning Ash's way

-Gobber-

"Ya can't be serious?!"

Gobber turned to his old friend, staring at him as if he had gone crazy.

"We barely know the lad and you are considering to have him take over the academy?!"

Stoick met his friend's stare.

"The war with the dragons has gone on long enough. You've seen what the boy did to the gronkle! If he is as good as he appears, we could learn something from him."

Gobber looked at the Modern human across from him. The man's Clothes was impressive, and he couldn't deny wanting to take a closer look at the weapon and fake Left Arm. They looked like a metal he had never encountered before! His skill with the gronkle was envious, not to mention that from behind the pants really emphasized a nice looking a...

Bad Gobber! Keep your mind on track! The blacksmith mentally slapped himself and refocused on the leather mask the lad wore. Like the rest of the man's possessions, it showed of incredible craftsmanship.

"What's with the hat and the mask, eh?"

-Ash Ketchum-

Ash reached up to shift his mask from falling, searching for an excuse. However, a loud whack was heard and Gobber found himself nursing a small bruise on his head. Gothi apparently came to Ash's rescue, hitting the blacksmith with her staff before moving over to start drawing in the ashes of the fire.

Understanding what she was doing, the group moved to follow her. Gobber, who supposedly was the best at reading her scribbles, began speaking.

"The boy's presence is a sign from the gods..." Gobber began translating. "He is on a mission to marry an icicle...?" WHACK "...to carry out their divine plan."

Gobber glared at the old woman, who rolled her eyes before gesturing to Ash's mask, shaking her head. Gobber looked up at Stoick.

"Gothi says the lad can keep his mask on..."

Ash's sighed in relief, glad Gothi was keeping his identity a secret. Stoick on the other hand frowned slightly.

"Why should he keep his mask on?"

"Because revealing my identity before you are ready may have negative consequences. You might even lose your chance to stop the dragons..."

Stoick glared at Ash before turning to Gothi, who merely nodded in agreement.

"Fine. Keep your mask on." Stoick growled. "Could we at the very least know your name?"

"Ketchum!" Ash Respond Quickly.

"Ketchum?" Stoick asked, glaring at him.

The Hero Sweatdropped, hopefully thinking Stoick wouldn't notice Ash's middle name, he doesn't want to blow his cover.

"Until your job is done here, you will be accompanied at all times by one of the villagers."

He nodded, wondering how long he could keep up his masquerade.

-The Gang minus Hiccup-