Episode 11: The final Battle

Gobber watched with nervousness as his friend growled at every twitch or movement the two bound figures made at the front of the longboat. Rarely did he see his friend ever breakdown like he did at the arena. Glancing forward himself, he felt pity at the bound figure he knew was Ash.

To think that that man was a Modern Human from another timeline. Well, that explained a few strange yet familiar quirks that Ash had. And he had to admit that he too would have freaked out if he suddenly found out if Ketchum is an Assassin. But even then Stoick shouldn't have burst out so violently, nor seem to hold his anger as long. Usually he would have burnt out his aggression and at least be calmer by now. As Stoick paced, Gobber caught sight of something peculiar on his friend's forearm.

"Stoick, since when did you get a tattoo?"

Stoick glared at his friend when the bound night fury gave a small jolt.

Not answering he instead gave his orders to the fleet.

"ALL BOATS FOLLOW MY LEAD, WE ARE FOLLOWING THE DRAGON TO ITS NEST!"

Gobber paused but soon got to work checking the trebuchets, ignoring the nagging feeling that he should press further about that blue mark after this was over.

Ash watched in dread as the boulders slammed against the fragile cliff, deep cracks splintering across the surface as the roars and cheers of the Vikings grew louder. At his side Toothless was frozen still, emerald eyes wide as the cliff fell and dragons began fleeing into the air.

[Leave now!]

[She's really mad!]

[Fly away quickly!]

"WE DID IT!" a random viking shouted as the crowd celebrated their apparent victory. As the dragons disappeared in the distance or behind the rock spires, a sudden urge to leave overcame Ash, both he and Toothless struggling against their binds to move as far away from the mountain as possible.

"IT ISN'T OVER, REFORM YOUR RANKS!" the voice of Stoick pierced over the rabble before a deafening roar erupted from the new cave.

[WHO DARES TO AWAKEN MY SLUMBER AND RELEASE MY SUBJECTS?!]

A wave of horror struck the gathered group as a mountainous dragon smashed through the cliff face.

[I AM THE RED QUEEN! MISTRESS OF THIS DOMAIN! SOMEONE WILL PAY FOR THIS GREAT HARM AGAINST ME!]

The queen seemed even worse than he remembered as they arrived on the scene. It was chaos as the Vikings on the ground ran for cover. Many boats were heavily damaged or in flames as the queen began devastating the siege weapons.

"This is horrible" muttered Astrid as they flew overhead. Barely thinking, he signaled to Fishlegs, who immediately gave his rundown on the dragon.

"...probably relies on more on smell!" He finished just before his Gronkle mount launched a blast that exploded against the back of the queen.

"Ok! I see Ketchum and Toothless! You guys, distract the queen as me and Astrid help the others!"

"OK!" they responded, circling back to make another pass at the queen. Immediately Several bursts of fire blanketed the queen's back as they flew by, swinging around above the crowd of amazed survivors.