12.

Chen Man brought Jiang Xichu to this restaurant which had been opened for several decades. From the years that it was opened, it can be seen that the restaurant's dishes were good.

Chen Man especially likes the taste from this family restaurant, but today's meal was tasteless.

There was a reason for this, it was because all she thought about was Jiang Xichu.

The two ordered three dishes but couldn't finish the last dish. They packed the leftovers to bring home. Jiang Xichu walked ahead. The early summer night wasn't cold nor hot, and the warm gentle breeze blew on the two people. Jiang Xichu's footsteps were involuntarily brisk. She slightly hooked her lips and walked lightly to the parking lot.

Behind her, Chen Man followed her, with her eyes fixed on Jiang Xichu's back.

Does she really like me?

Impossible, she doesn't like me. I already known this since long ago.

Maybe I made a mistake. She might like me, too!

No, no, no, if she likes me, she would have liked me for a long time. How could she wait until now.

Why couldn't she wait until now? Maybe Jiang Xichu's reflection arc*1 circled the earth three times!

...

Chen Man's heart was at war with Man and Heaven. Jiang Xichu arrived at the car, turned around and looked at Chen Man, she beckoned her to open the door. Chen Man also stopped her movements and stood a meter away from her.

Jiang Xichu raised her eyebrow slightly. She didn't understand why she didn't come over.

Chen Man slowly looked around, the parking lot was desolate. Because there was an office building next to it, there were basically no cars or people after work. Chen Man took a deep breath and slowly walked to Jiang Xichu. 

Jiang Xichu watched her, she felt a little nervous in her heart. She frowned and asked, "Why did you..."

Chen Man threw caution to the wind, she thought, if she didn't figure it out clearly tonight, she wouldn't be able to go to bed and would have countless restless nights in the future!

She stared at Jiang Xichu's eyes and didn't miss a single emotional change from her face. "Jiang Xichu, there is a question I had never asked you."

Jiang Xichu was stunned, "What's the question?"

"The person you like...what's her name?"

For a split second, it was deathly still, Chen Man felt that she couldn't hear anything besides her heartbeat, which beat like a drum as if it would jump out of her chest. The more silent she was, the more nervous Chen Man was. When her nervousness reached a certain level of tension, her pessimism and inferiority began to occupy her. Chen Man evaded by turning her head quickly and laughed, "Haha, I just ask casually. It doesn't matter if you don't want to answer it. I'm not very interested in the answer..."

"Chen Man."

Chen Man didn't react for a while, then replied with a loud voice, "Ah, what is it?"

Jiang Xichu raised her mouth and her voice was clear as a spring creek, which instantly washed away all the pessimistic thoughts in Chan Man's heart. "I didn't call you, I just answered your question."

—What's the name of the person you like?

—Chen Man.

Chen Man's appearance was more sluggish than it was before. She opened her mouth but couldn't make a sound. After about ten seconds, she heard her own dry and tight voice, "You...you're not kidding, are you?"