16.

No one knew why Chen Man was so persistent to buy that piece of land.

She thought that she could persuade Chen Man to give up the idea once her identity changed, but it turned out that secretary Jiang was too naïve.

In any case, Chen Man had no intention to change her mind. Jiang Xichu was so angry at her that in the end, she could only compromise.

Forget it, wasn't it a piece of land? As long as she was happy, even if she planned to go to Africa to buy the land, it didn't matter.

The land incident came to an end for a while. But it wasn't that Jiang Xichu was generous at heart, but she couldn't bother to pay attention that she wanted to buy this small piece of land.

Because, the day of the accident...was almost here.

Jiang Xichu's thoughts have always been very firm. She didn't forget the words of the little brother in white from the beginning. If she interferes with other people's life and death, it was her misfortune. She couldn't have any more accidents. She must live well so that Chen Man can continue to live.

However, the closer it got, the more nervous Jiang Xichu's mentality was.

Her mental state that had improved, was immediately beaten to its original state. She was normal in the daytime, but not in the evenings. Chen Man slept with her every night and was awakened by her once or twice every night. And every time she woke up, Jiang Xichu grabbed the quilt tightly and cried, or the entire person was wrapped around her and said things she couldn't understand. 

Chen Man really wants to know what Jiang Xichu was afraid of. But every time she asks this question, Jiang Xichu will become a gourd with a sawed mouth*1. If she asks, she won't answer.

It was a good thing for her girlfriend to rely on her. However, Chen Man wants a healthy Jiang Xichu to rely on her, rather than her obviously stressed self. 

Jiang Xichu didn't want Chen Man to worry about herself anymore, so she could only answer ambiguously: "It's okay, I'm really fine. I'll be fine in two days." 

Chen Man didn't believe her words. Jiang Xichu wasn't a doctor, how could she know when she would recover? Besides, after two days, what could happen that was so important?

Chen Man didn't understand. Jiang Xichu wouldn't tell her. She just nestled within Chen Man's arms and slowly said, "Anyways, I won't go into work until Friday."

Today was only Tuesday, which meant she would take a three-day leave, which was unprecedented.

Chen Man looked down at her a little worried. "Really, you won't see a doctor? I won't go to the company, I'll stay home with you, okay?"

Hearing this, Jiang Xichu shook her head. She wanted to say that Chen Man was different from her. The president suddenly requesting time off for a long time would make the company chaotic, but she thought of something and shook her head, then nodded repeatedly, "Ok! From now on, don't go to the company, not only the company, don't go anywhere, just stay home with me."

Chen Man: "..."

I was just being polite, are you serious?

"But I still have a lot of work at the company that I didn't bring back." 

Jiang Xichu raised her head from her arms and looked very serious. "Work can be done at any time, but every minute of the day, I want you to accompany me at home."

Chen Man stared at Jiang Xichu.

After half a second, she murmured, "Xichu..."

Jiang Xichu looked at her doubtfully.