Chapter 6

Tw: Biphobia, Homophobia, name calling

''Shit.'' Lena mutters under her breath and the sound of Lena's voice breaks Kara out of her trance. She gets her hand out from Lena's leggings as Lena replaces her tank top to hide her breasts and hops off the counter.

This looks bad, Kara knows, really bad. This is not how they were supposed to do things and none of them dare to be the first one to talk. The only words that Kara has in mind are 'it's not what it looks like' but Kara knows it actually is. James walked in on them, Lena screaming Kara's name as Kara had her hand in Lena's pants and her mouth on her boobs. It's not rocket science and James is not an idiot.

''James...'' Lena breaks the silence with a sigh, surely hoping to calm her ex-boyfriend down so they can talk this out. It doesn't go that way, obviously.

James' bag hit the floor with a loud thud and Kara winces. ''What the fuck, Lena ? I leave for a few weeks and you jump on the first person at hand to cheat on me ?''

''It's not like that, James.'' Lena tries, her voice quiet, hoping to bring the volume down. But James just shake his head.

''Is it not, Lena ? Because I could hear you scream her name before I even set foot in the house.''

Lena bites her lips next to Kara, obviously restraining herself from saying anything back to not make the situation worse. Kara just stands there, at a loss of word. What can they say, really ? It was a bad timing ? You just caught us when we were actually about to finally do it after weeks of holding back ? And the 'you broke up with her, so it's none of your business' won't work seeing as they probably were emotionally cheating on James long before their first kiss.

In front of their mutual silence, James scoffs, passing a hand on his face. ''Are you not gonna say anything?''

''What do you want me to say'' Lena bites back. She might be in the wrong, but god forbid someone talks to her with that tone. It doesn't help James' anger and he smiles bitterly.

''I don't know, maybe try to convince me you weren't cheating on me for months.''

''You broke up with me. Nothing happened between Kara and I before that.''

''And I'm supposed to believe that?'' James shouts as if he wasn't the one who asked for Lena to defend herself. He takes a step forward and Kara unconsciously straighten up, ready to intervene if the need arises. James notices and glares at her. And Kara knows she's accidentally redirected his anger towards herself before he even starts talking.

''And you,'' James spats and Kara flinches. ''I accepted you under my roof, ready to help who I thought was a decent person, and this is how you repay me ? By fucking my girlfriend ?'' Kara opens her mouth to say something but Lena doesn't let her.

''Under my roof, Jimmy Olsen.'' Lena's voice is calm but sharp like a knife she uses to kill, her hand landing on Kara's forearm.

James turns back to Lena with a newfound rage, only fueled by Lena's hand on Kara. The Luthor notices and is clever enough to drop it, crossing her arms instead as she faces James with all the confidence of someone who sent the last of their living family to prison once, and would do it again if needed be.