Chapter 5

As it turns out, having driven all night and getting to work the next day wasn't the best idea. Cat Grant is merciless, sending Kara do countless of errands and stopping her from even sitting for a minute. Siobhan seems to enjoy seeing Kara like this, exhausted yet still running by obligation. Nia takes pity and let Kara have some of her free coffee. It helps, but Kara still needs a nap by the time she takes her lunch break.

She got a text, earlier in the morning, to have her lunch with Lena again. So, with extra coffee thanks to Nia, Kara gets herself quickly to L-Corp. She drops a cup of coffee for Jess on her way and enters Lena's office with a quick knock.

''Mama !'' Kara is immediately assaulted by Jenny who runs to hug her legs tightly, making it impossible for her to move.

She gives a distressed look to Lena who is chuckling behind her desk before getting up and come rescue Kara. And when Lena is standing in front of her with Jenny in her arms, Kara realises she forgot to pick up lunch.

''Oh my god ! I'm so sorry, Lena ! I completely forgot our lunch !'' Kara moans, dropping her bag next to the coffee table and sitting on the couch to hide her face in her hands.

Lena is by her side in seconds, chuckling. ''It's okay, Darling. I can ask Jess to order for us. Are you alright ?''

''Tired.'' Kara mumbles in her hands. She feels Lena starting to stroke her hair but she doesn't move, simply enjoying the soothing contact. It isn't until Lena gets up to go order lunch that Kara realises she was falling asleep.

She shakes her head quickly, trying to get rid of her tiredness that way. It doesn't work, but it seems to amuse Jenny Eloise who starts to shake her head while giggling. Kara laughs as the child shakes her head as fast as she can, destroying her hairstyle and sending droplets of dribble when she giggles.

Jenny stops when she falls, loosing her balance but still giggling. Lena joins Kara on the sofa, shaking her head fondly at her daughter.

''I shouldn't have left you drive all night, Kara.'' Lena says, apologetically. But Kara shakes her off. She did that to herself, Lena doesn't have to apologies. ''Why don't you lie down for a bit before lunch gets here ?''

Kara thinks about it. She doesn't trust herself to just lie down and not fall asleep. But all things considered, they do have time to spare before their lunch gets here, a nap can't do any hurt.

So, Kara nods. Lena motions for her to drop her head on her lap and Kara does it, letting Lena's hand in her hair slowly drives her to sleep.

When she wakes up, the first thing Kara notices is the absence of Lena. There is no hand in her hair or thighs under her head. Lena is gone. But, she notices she's still on the white couch in Lena's office. And when Kara lifts her head up, she sees Jenny's sleepy head near hers.

Apparently, she slept long enough for Jenny to join her. Which is not good. In a second, Kara jumps up and looks around. Her eyes fall on a wide eyed Lena sitting behind her desk.

''Jesus, Kara. Don't scare me like that.'' She says, letting out a breathy chuckle.