Chapter 35

Matt's POV: After getting ready for Gabby's welcome home party at Molly's, I smiled as I went to send a text to Stella since she was the one who insisted on this party. I am not the one that is organizing it but, I am the one who has the (important) job of getting Gabby to the bar. I just hope that she hasn't figured out that we are having a surprise party to welcome her home. I mean, I have surprised her pretty good at Molly's before. I remember when I gave her ring back to her. God, it was a nice way to end her week. It was shortly after we gave Louie back to Andre and I hoped that it would help cheer her up...and it did. Let's just say I enjoyed that night.

That's when I heard Gabby come out of our room in a tight dress. Looking up at her, I was shocked. "Oh baby." Gabby smiled when I said that and walked over to me. "You like." I nodded when she asked me that and just smiled as she came to walk over to me. Putting her hands on my chest, Gabby got close to me before going to grab my jacket. "Need to wear something that you like for later." I smirked when she said that. "We are going to have more fun later aren't we?" Gabby smirked and agreed with me. "I want to have fun as much as we can. At least until we get pregnant." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. "That sounds like fun."

Gabby laughed when I said that. "Of course you would...you're a man." I looked at her when she said that. "What's that supposed to mean?" Gabby smiled at me as she went to grab my hand. "You get to stare at this, naked, from above me. I have to look at you naked from below you." I smiled and agreed with her when she said that. "Maybe we can switch it up later. Oh, and we need to look at new places. Either that, or you have to be okay with having our kid here." Gabby nodded and smiled at me. "I already said I would. I want to have a small space for when we have kids. This might be a good starter home." I agreed with her, smiling at the idea. "Act surprised."

Gabby smiled and nodded. "I will. I haven't seen everybody in a while." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. Watching her grab her jacket, she went to put it on and just smiled at me. Turning around, she got close to me and smiled as she put her hands on my chest once her jacket was done up. Going to grab her neck, I smiled as I went to kiss her softly. "I am so happy to be home. I'm also glad that this is how we are acting already. This is what I want Matt." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. "Now listen, I need to drive you." Gabby just stared at me. "Remember, you need to act surprised." Gabby realized that and smiled at me.

Going to walk out ahead of me, Gabby just smiled as she let go of my hand before making her way to the car. Meanwhile, I walked out behind her and went to go lock the door behind us. Unlocking the car, I smiled at Gabby as she went to get in my truck. "By the way, you need to get a new pickup babe. I am scared that you this will break down soon." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. "Yeah, I think it's time too. I was just scared that you would be mad if I did it without you being here." Gabby shook her head. "It's business, not personal." I nodded and agreed with her as I unlocked my pickup for her. She then went to get into her seat.

"I'm going to hold you to that. If I see a pickup that I like, I might buy it and I expect you to be okay with that. You have a new car, it's time I get my new car and get rid of this old beater. Plus, I need a back seat this time around." Going to pull out of the driveway, I went to start driving towards the restaurant. However, Gabby was confused as to why I needed a back seat. "Why do you need a back seat?" I smiled when she asked me that. "Where do you think the car seat is going to go?" Gabby just looked at me and smiled when I mentioned that. She then went to put her hand on her stomach. "I have a feeling that I'll be pregnant soon Matt. That okay with you?"

Going to drive down the road, I smiled at the idea of her being pregnant. "I am actually really excited for that. That sounds like fun." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "I know you are scared Matt, but can you please just thinking positive for me? Matt, I am going to be even more scared than you. Remember, they said that they baby could survive even if I did. You think I like that idea? The idea that I am not going to be there for our child? The idea that I can't watch you live our dream come true?" I bit my lip when she said that and just agreed with her. Going to grab her hand, I knew that she was scared and just hoped that I could give her some comfort.

"Gabby, just take some breaths for me okay? You need to remember that I am here with you, and that I am on your side this time...like how it should have been last time. I realize now that you were really scared when you found out that you had the aneurysm. And when I found out, I got scared and put my fear of loosing you ahead of comforting you. You got dealt a huge blow and I yelled at you for wanting to give me a baby...even if you put your life at risk." Gabby nodded when I said that and just went to intertwine our fingers. "I am glad that you see it that way now." I nodded and just smiled at her. "I love you, you know that right?" Gabby smiled at me.

"I love you too Matt." I smiled and just went to kiss her hand as I continued to drive towards Molly's. "By the way, no business today. Today, we are there for a party. You are not there as a co-owner of Molly's. Promise me that?" Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that. "I promise okay? And you can hold me to that." I nodded and agreed with her. "Good, because if you do business then I don't give you sex." Gabby laughed when I said that. "Sure you don't...because you are going to give up an opportunity to have me in bed and start a family with me." I smiled when she said that because I still loved the idea of us having a child of our own.

Continuing to drive towards the restaurant, I smiled because this is exactly what I want to be doing right now...spending time with my wife (and love of my life) as we celebrate her being home forever. I just hope that soon, we will also be celebrating the fact that we are expecting a child of our own. It's about damn time that you give us a kid God. I don't believe in faith (that much) but I will if it gets Gabby pregnant, we both deserve to be parents after all the shit we've been through over the years. I mean, c'mon...she's been a humanitarian for a while. How does that not result in her being guaranteed a child of her own?