Chapter Five.

It was around dinner time by the time Hermione and (Y/n) returned, happily chatting amongst one another.

"(Y/n)!" Fred greeted, getting down on one knee before her, a rose in hand. "How much I have missed you, my love!" he declared.

"Oh my," (Y/n) said nervously. "Hi, Freddie," she greeted. "How was Egypt—?"

George paused, surveying the scene of a bemused Hermione carrying a couple of bags towards the stairs, a confused (Y/n)'s hand being held by a dramatic Fred. 
George went on to walk over and kick Fred aside, resulting in Fred being knocked off balance. He took the rose from Fred and held it out for (Y/n), bowing low.

"Milady!" he said before dropping to his knees. Eventually, both twins held her hands, going back and forth with their bickering.

"That's enough," Molly Weasley scolded, peeking into the room. "Leave (Y/n) alone."

"(Y/n)?" young Ginny Weasley's voice gasped. The twins flew out of their sister's way as she came rushing into sight. Flaming-red hair flooded (Y/n)'s vision before she was partially knocked off balance by Ginny. (Y/n) laughed, wrapping her arms around Ginny and hugging her back.

"Hi, Gin," she greeted.

"You're staying, right?" Ginny asked quickly. "We can share a room!"

"We're already sharing a room!" objected Hermione, who had just returned.

"You had her all summer!" Ginny argued.

"Girls!" Molly cried in dismay. "You're supposed to be collected ones!" She shook her head. "(Y/n) can stay with whoever she likes! You'll be together all day tomorrow, regardless."

"I'm not even staying," (Y/n) added quietly. Hermione blinked. That night was a full moon, meaning she and James had places to be. It'd be (Y/n)'s first full night as her Animagi. "Just long enough for dinner and then the Potters and I are going back."

"Oh..." Ginny said dejectedly.

"But I'll be back before you're even awake," (Y/n) added quickly. "You won't even know I wasn't here. Let's go eat, hm?"

Dinner that night was a very enjoyable affair. Tom the innkeeper put three tables together in the parlour, and the seven Weasleys, the three Potters, and Hermione and (Y/n) ate their wat through six delicious courses. James was growing anxious and kept checking the windows to see the time.

"How're we getting to King's Cross tomorrow, Dad?" asked Fred as they dug into a sumptuous chocolate pudding.

"The Ministry's providing a couple of cars," said Arthur Weasley. Everyone looked up at him.

"Why?" Percy Weasley asked curiously.

"It's because of you, Perce," said George seriously. "And there'll be little flags on the hoods, with HB on them—"

"—for Humongous Bighead," said Fred.
Everyone except Percy and Molly snorted into their pudding.

"Why is the Ministry providing cars, Father?" Percy asked again, in a dignified voice.

"Well, as we haven't got one anymore," said Arthur, "and as I work there, they're doing me a favour."
His voice was casual, but Harry couldn't help noticing that Arthur's ears went red, just like Ron's did when he was under pressure.

"Good thing, too," said Molly briskly. "Do you realize how much luggage you've all got between you? A nice sight you'd be on the Muggle Underground... You are all packed, aren't you?"

"Ron hasn't put all his new things in his trunk yet," said Percy, in a long-suffering voice. "He's dumped them on my bed."

"You'd better go and pack properly, Ron, because we won't have much time in the morning," Molly called down the table. Ron scowled at Percy.