Chapter 7: Waiting...

Author Notice: Eeee we are approaching the end of the book! I've already started writing another book since I finished this one, but the next a.k.a. Last chapter will be posted tomorrow! Enjoy!

The next day, I woke up by the blinding sunlight coming from outside the window. I kissed Shu's cheek as a way of saying goodbye, and headed out of the room. All of a sudden, I heard a voice shout out my name. 'Valt! Valt! Finally!' The figure said. As it came closer, I saw it was Rantaro, along with Wakiya and Daigo behind him. 'What's up guys?' I asked, unamused. 'You better tell us all the details, there is no way Shu just got shot out of nowhere!' Wakiya whined. 'Well, long story short, I was about to get shot when suddenly Shu jumped in and took the bullet instead,' I said, my voice slowly starting to sadden and crack. Tears started to well up in my eyes, but I wiped them off with my blood-stained hand. 'Dude, your hands, when do you plan on washing them?' Rantaro questioned sarcastically. I just shrugged at him.

'Where's Shu?' Daigo requested. I pointed to the door beside me, and all three of them went in. It was weird how Ken wasn't with them, I'll ask them later. I went to the washroom and washed my hands, removing the blood. I also washed my face, in hopes that it would make me look better than I actually was. My eyes were red from crying too much, so I splashed them with water. I polished my headband, when I suddenly sneezed. Then I coughed numerous times. Must've gotten a cold. It made sense, after all, I was in the rain almost all night yesterday, and my clothes were still quite wet. I grabbed some tissue and exited the bathroom. I looked at myself once again in the mirror, my face was pale, but my eyes looked better than they did before. My lips were almost blue, it had looked like I died.

I walked away and went out of the hospital. When I made it home, my mom was waiting. 'And where have you been, young man? She interrogated. I looked up to her, showing my lifeless face. She looked like she was going to pass out. 'I-I What happened Valt?!' She yelled. 'R-Rain...h-hospital'
I tried to say, getting my words all mixed up. Just then, my whole world turned fuzzy, then black.

I woke up in a familiar place. It was the hospital. A nurse looked at me with a relieved face. 'You're finally awake, Mr. Aoi!' She smiled. 'You were suffering from severe fatigue and you were asleep for a whole day!' She added. I nodded and thanked her, then I saw the whole bey-club, except for Shu of course, walk in. 'Dude, what is happening? First it was Shu, now you?' Rantaro questioned with a tone of humor. 'You can't compare my 'severe fatigue' to Shu's accident,' I mumbled. Rantaro stopped smiling and glanced at me, like I had offended him or some sort. 'Chill dude, I was just trying to make you feel better,' he told me. Everyone else nodded in agreement. I just sighed and shrugged.

When I was finally discharged, I went home and started to keep count of the days until Shu woke up. I did this for weeks now, but still...nothing. My day count was almost at 30. I was at around 21 days. Shu still wasn't awake, I was starting to worry, but I had faith that he was going to wake up soon.

On the 23rd day, I received a call from Wakiya. 'Valt...' he said. 'Shu...he....passed....' Wakiya sadly cried out. My eyes widened, it was as if a giant boulder had just crushed me. No....NO! 

Author Notice: Yay 7th chapter done! I hope you enjoyed the book so far! Chapter 6 and 7 are kinda heartbreaking :(( But anyways, peace out and enjoy the rest of your day/night!

*Cliff hanger hehe