Four.

It was at dawn that Hyunjae's eyes finally fluttered open. Juyeon was sat up next to him obviously about to kiss the prince on his forehead and take his leave back to his own room. They'd formed a beautiful routine over the past week. Juyeon would wait until around midnight when Hyunjae's quarters would be locked off and they would be safe before he would sneak his way into the prince's room and they would sleep cuddled up. It was by far Hyunjae's favourite benefit of Juyeon becoming his bodyguard.

"Are you going back now?" Hyunjae muttered quietly as he blinked a few times in an attempt to get his eyes to adjust to the bright light pouring in through the gap in his curtains.

"Yeah," Juyeon replied before smiling fondly and pressing a kiss to the top of Hyunjae's head.

Their mornings often went like this now. Juyeon would wake up a few hours earlier than Hyunjae as per his duties as a bodyguard and he would attend a daily meeting about potential threats. The meetings were pointless, Juyeon had said to the prince when he asked about them one day, yet Hyunjae guessed that there was a lot more to them than Juyeon wanted to let on.

Regardless though, Juyeon would always find time to gently brush his lips on his boyfriend's forehead before leaving his room.

Everything always felt a little colder after Juyeon left, even when the younger boy would pull the door closed quietly to keep the warmth in and make sure he pulled his side of the covers back up. Hyunjae would still manage to fall into a peaceful sleep again though, even the memory of Juyeon lying next to him mere moments ago was enough to made him feel at home.

-

It was a few hours later when he finally woke up to the sound of Haknyeon knocking on his door. "Hyunjae!" The butler called loudly as his knocks became harder, "are you coming for breakfast? Juyeon, Sunwoo and Eric are waiting for us."

"Yeah give me a minute."

Breakfast had become another one of the five boys' bonding moments. It had been Haknyeon's idea that they should all meet at the same time to eat together every morning. Although it had started a little awkwardly, their conversation soon began to flow easily and the prince found that it was at breakfast that he would learn more about his staff members. There had even been stories about Juyeon that Eric had shared with him that the prince would never have known if it wasn't for their mornings spent together.

After Haknyeon replied, the prince climbed from the warmth of his bed before wrapping himself in a blanket, washing his face quickly and heading out for breakfast. He took his usual seat next to Juyeon who only smiled at him fondly, "good morning."

"Good morning," Hyunjae greeted as he mirrored his boyfriend's smile.

The conversation topic that morning had quickly turned to the village. Despite it being situated just outside of the palace grounds, Hyunjae had never visited the small place that Juyeon called home. It had been somewhere he wanted to see, perhaps it was the fact that he had never seen the places that his people called home or maybe it was more of the fact that he wanted to see where Juyeon called home. Regardless, Hyunjae really wanted to visit and he aired this wish to the other four boys over breakfast that morning.

"I want to visit before my birthday," he spoke out causing the staff members to turn and look at him.

"Why's that?" Eric asked.

"I don't know, it's a lot of things, I want to see where you're all from, I want to see what a village looks like and I want to go when no one knows me," he finished and Juyeon gave him a mischievous smile in response.

"Don't you have a tunnel to show me anyway?" Juyeon asked with a grin on his face and Hyunjae immediately felt excitement sweep over his body.

"You mean we can go?" The prince asked so quickly and eagerly that his boyfriend couldn't help but laugh.