Chapter 5 • Search for Three

"YOU WANT ME TOO WHAT!?" You screamed and wanted to drop dead right there.

"Listen, it's for my wives. You know how much I care for them." Tengen whines, basically begging you.

You sighed.

"Shit, I don't really have a choice do I?" You look at Tengen who smirks.

"Yeah, now I'm gonna go grab some swordsmen to follow along with us." He pointed inside the Estate.

He came back out with Aoi and one of the Butterfly girls.

"LET GO OF ME YOU BRUTE!!" Aoi roared as she began to squirm.

"WHAT THE HELL!?" You yell looking confused.

"KANAO, (Y/N)!! TELL THIS BRUTE TO LET GO!!" Aoi cried out. The rest of the 2 butterfly girls come out and cry.

Kanao looks surprised and looked like she's processing.

She quickly pulls on Tengen's uniform.

"Uzui, those girls aren't swordsmen. They take care of the Butterfly Estate." You tapped his shoulder.

He sighed and looked at you.
"Well I need 3 other people. They need to be girls." Tengen rolled his eyes and looked down at Kanao. Then you.

He dropped Aoi and the Butterfly girl. They all hugged each other as they looked horrified at Tengen.

"Hey! I'll take Aoi-san's place!" Tanjiro yelled as he ran in front of Tengen.

"YEAH-H DONT HURT AOI-SAN!" Zenitsu yelled as he jumped on the other side.

"KAHAHAHA!! I WANNA FIGHT SOME DEMONS!!" Inosuke also jumped the other side of Tengen.

"You realize surrounding him isn't going to do anything" you scoffed and chuckled.

"Eh, They'll do." He stated annoyingly and you looked up at Uzui with a 'why.' face.

You probably looked the most like a girl already. I mean you had pink hair and an oddly feminine face. But you soon realized Inosuke did as well so you didn't really feel left out.

Before you left to your mission you waved Kanao a goodbye.

"Farewell!" She waved back with a smile.
God, you couldn't believe she talked to you on her own. Your 'father' Tengen pat your back as he chuckled and looked at your bright red face.

.. 🎇 ..

You arrived at the place. You thought you were immediately going to be known as a boy because of your abnormal height. But you were wrong, you were paired up with Zenitsu. The worst of the worst.

"Look how cute she is!!" One of the women looked at your well-done makeup. Of course you entrusted Mitsuri to do it since Tengen made the others look like his failed science experiments.

"She's awfully tall, Even taller then Warahib-" One of the women cut her off.
"Don't say that name-e, she'll be mad!" One of them trembled.

"Who will be mad?" You asked.

"No one-e!" They looked worriedly

"...Ok" you smiled, they smiled back at you.
You saw 'Zenko' playing an instrument, he sounded like he'd had been playing for years.

After that. You followed Zenitsu around the area. You couldn't leave the boy alone for one bit. Well you did for abit to explore the rooms.

That's when you heard a woman crying.

"What do you think you're doing, brat?" You heard a cold voice behind you, it was faint and when you looked someone was behind Zenitsu, gripping his shoulder tightly. That is the woman the women were talking about.

"Apologizes for my friend, Warabihime-oiran." You bowed as you towered over the woman. She scoffed and hit your stomach.

Blood trickled down your chin as you look at her.
"I said I'm sorry." You pulled Zenitsu away from her.

Everyone looked at you wide-eyed.
She then looked at you angrily and walked away.
She knew you weren't any normal 'girl'.

You went over to the girl.

"Are you ok?" You asked worriedly. She hugged you as she cried.

///

• KANAO'S POV •

I sat down with my master. She asked me to come and talk with her.

"Yes master?" she had a smile plastered on her face.

"Kanao, what do you think of (Y/N)?" She asked curiously.

"A odd... heavy feeling, I don't know how to explain it." You looked up at her, she looked excited.

"Have you ever heard of Love, Kanao?" She asked as she smirked.

"No. I Haven't."

///

• (Y/N)'s POV •

"Zenko." You went up to the 'girl'
You grabbed their hand and talked in a corner.

"I think that Warahibime-oiran person is a demon." You whisper. Making sure nobody was around.

"Yeah-h...she's super scary.." He whimpers.

"As your upper swordsmen. I guess I'll have to protect you." You looked away as Zenitsu looked at you, he looked inspired.

"REALLY-Y!? THANK YOUU!!" He whined as he hugged you.

"Uh. Yeah." You pat his head awkwardly.

"Alright. Let's go." You point to a direction and continued to walk.

...

The next day -

Zenitsu, Tanjiro and Inosuke went to the meeting that Tengen instructed them to come to.

Tengen looked horribly worried.

"Is something wrong, Tengen-sama?" Tanjiro looked at Tengen who scratched his chin nervously.

Even Zenitsu looked worried.

"What the hell happened, spit it out." Inosuke scoffed
"Where's (Y/N)?" Tanjiro looked around, you weren't anywhere to be seen.

"GAH! IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!" Zenitsu curled up in a ball and cried.

"I might of put you all in grave-danger." Tengen said coldly

"(Y/N) is 'sick' apparently. And has gone missing. Some reported to see (Y/N) fighting something with their bare fists" Tengen looked at all of them.

"He said-d he'd protect me-e...ITS ALL MY FAILT, WAAAA IM SORRRYYY!!" Zenitsu began punching himself.

"Zenitsu! Calm down!" Tanjiro stopped Zenitsu.

"Though I can't confirm he's alive, I can follow his scent!" Tanjiro pointed to his nose.

"Inosuke can also use his Breathing technique to find him!" Tanjiro beamed.
Tengen looked at him and turned back.
"Possibly, But the possibilities of an upper rank here is much more possible. You saw how (Y/N) from Upper Rank 3. I want you guys to leave this place immediately." Tengen finished and immediately left.

"Wait!-" Tanjiro yelled but he was too late.

"WAAAA!! (Y/N) IS GONNA DIE BECAUSE OF ME!!!" Zenitsu cried out.

"Zenitsu do you remember anything from last night." Tanjiro asked and Zenitsu nodded.

"It's true-e. I did see (Y/N) fighting the demon with his bare fists. I don't know what happened after though..." he sniffled.

"Hm..it's most likely that it was only an kidnapping. Though (Y/N) is incredibly strong, There was a huge disadvantage." Tanjiro rubbed his chin, thinking.

"THERE WAS A DEMON AT MY PLACE!! I KNOW IT!!" Inosuke roared.

"Ok! Inosuke, Zenitsu I want you to explore the places again. I'll explore the outside!" Tanjiro pointed and they both nodded

"KAHAHA! LETS GO MONITSU!!!" Inosuke chuckled.

... ⚔️ ...