The Selection (Percabeth AU)

Author: thegirltryingtolive

Status: Ongoing

Summary:

Let me tell you a story. Once upon a time, there was a prince. He was very handsome and brave. He was loved by everyone in his kingdom. He was about to reach the age of 25 in 4 months and had to hold a Selection as per ancient laws. But it wasn't that simple.

The kingdom of Atlantica was in turmoil. The people wanted the rule of this cruel king to end. The Rebels were quickly gaining power and destroying towns and killing people. There were food shortages and diseases almost everywhere. The people want change. The nobles didn't. Why would they? They were leading a privileged life, with the King's favour on their side. They did NOT want change. They suggest to the king that the people needed a distraction. And what would be a better one, than holding a Selection for the kingdom's beloved Prince? It all would fit perfectly.

But there was one problem. We can't allow rebels in the palace! What if one of the selected girls is one? What if she wants to kill the king? We need someone to inform us about any of this. And who would be better than another selected girl? 

Prince Perseus' best friend, Annabeth Chase has had a crush on said Prince for a few years now. What happens when she is said to enter her best friend's selection as to keep an eye on the girls? Will she be able to do her job without getting jealous? Is there a chance the Prince will love her back?