CHAPTER-16

Harry's POV

I've been back home for about five days now, its was great spending time with my family and cousins, but I can't fully enjoy my time here. My mind seems to always think about Emily. I can't seem to focus on something for more than five minutes because my mind would not shut up about the thing I saw before flying out here.

Now I am spending time with my family having a game night, I usually am very good at these games but I can't focus right now. I am very competitive when I want to be but now I don't give a shit, I want to go upstairs and curl myself in my bed.

"Oohhh" Everyone on my team groans as we lost the game, I take that as my cue to go upstairs to my room. As I am leaving I feel someone tugging my shorts

"Uncle Harry" my little baby cousin calls me

"Yes bug? I thought you were asleep." I say to her as I pick her up

"Was not"

"Well, what do you want babe? "

"Can we go to the mall tomorrow and buy the frozen play set? " I thought she was over this frozen phase but guess not

"Did you ask your mum about it, Katie?" I ask her while tucking some strands of her hair

"You know mum will say no. Please uncle Harry please" She drags out the e in a cute way and who was I to say no to her.

"Okay, fine, but you gotta hide it from your mum until I leave okay? " If she knows she will most definitely have my head.

"Okay. Yay" She grins throwing her tiny hands up and it makes my heart melt.

Katie was the first born in our family so she always gets what she wants. I take her back to her room and read her a bedtime story and before I know it she is passed out. I kiss her forehead and go to my room.

I have a bit trouble sleeping, you know the same old, same old. I feel the need to talk to Emily, to hear her voice. I pick my phone and hover over her contact for a while before settling to just re-read our text messages. There are a few things that make me smile. Sometimes she will text the most random thing between our conversations, its like she will be having a different conversation of her own.

This one time we were talking about something rather important when she texted me

From Emily💞: Did you know that a wood frog can hold up its pee for about eight months?

We forgot about what we were talking and then started researching about it. She even tells me knock knock jokes, (I did not steal those jokes from her, thank you very much)

From Emily💞: Knock knock

To Emily💞: Who's there?

From Emily💞: Luke

To Emily💞: Luke who?

From Emily💞: Luke through your door and find out :)

To Emily💞: lol, its a good one

From Emily💞: You better not steal this one like the others, styles

To Emily💞: I don't know what you are talking about.

From Emily💞: Mm, sure you don't. Now open the door its freezing out here!

To Emily💞: Wait you're here?

From Emily💞: Duh

It was a good day that day. I remember helping her revise for her exams. Her slightly furrowed eyebrows everytime she is trying to understand something or she will be closing her eyes tightly to remember a particular word for the answer or the number of times I got smacked in her arm for interrupting while she was reciting the answer.