CHAPTER-2

Emily's POV

Today marks six months of me moving to the US and two months of finally having an apartment of my own. To be honest, I kinda expected my dad to throw a fit when I talked about moving out but he was the first one to practically kick me out and drag my ass to the airport.

Nevertheless convincing my mom and my brother was a bit too much. It took my family a minute to wrap their heads about the fact that I wont be attending all the family get togethers or visits but they're glad I am moving out and trying to be independent.

I think they're gonna use me as an excuse to explore the city.

After I moved out here, I was housemates with the best three girls in the whole world who are like a second family to me right now. We all met via instagram, we talked a lot on the phone and got to each other soon. We are all very different people but somehow we balance each other out. For example, I'm a stickler to rules, I can follow orders really very but Maddie on the other hand is a free spirit. Riley is shy and introverted while Sarah is loud. Sarah is our personal bodyguard. Honestly, I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have Riley, Sarah and Maddie. Riley and I work in the same company and Sarah is a tennis player and Maddie is a influencer.

Even with my busy schedule, I somehow find myself arriving at their doorstep every weekend to have a girls night. And might I add, if I didn't come I think Sarah will probably have my head.

Nobody messes with Sarah. She might look like a cinnamon roll but she'll definitely kill you. Looks can be deceiving I guess.

So that's where I am now, at my girls night. I don't drink so I always have a lot of shit for black mailing each of them after nights like this, they always get shit drunk. I guess that's one perk of not drinking. We all settled on watching a random rom com and I honestly think the three of them are gonna pass out any minute.

"Hey Em" Sarah spoke suddenly.

"Hmm"

"Why do you think we call a line a line?"

Oh did I mention Sarah can ask stupid random questions when she's drunk. Once she called at three in the morning to yell at me for not telling that crocodile can't stick its tongue out. I didn't it couldn't and we ended up searching about for an hour.

"Okay, I think its time for you to go to bed Sarah." I stood up tugging her arm

"What? No, I wanna know the answer." She whines

"Why don't we find out about that tomorrow morning?" I grunt as I try to lift her to her feet

"But I wanna know" She pouts

"God help me" I mutter to myself as this is gonna take a while because she can be a bit persuasive.

"Will you go to bed if we find out?" I sigh, she nods her head enthusiastically

I turn to the other two dummies only to find them passed out on the floor with their mouth wide open. I sigh as I close their mouths. Sarah and I spent the next thirty minutes reading about lines. I thank whatever god out there when Sarah finally falls asleep on my shoulder. I gently move her and wrap a blanket around all of them and make my way to my old bedroom.

Sure I feel bad that they're gonna wake up with a stiff neck but I am tired as hell and there's no way I am carrying them to their bedrooms.

__

I make my way to the kitchen the next morning and I am met with all three of them massaging their neck and shoulders.

"Good morning" I chirp

And all I got in response was a glare from all three of them, 

"What? Did you guys seriously think I would carry all three of your asses to the bedroom?" I roll my eyes

"You could've woken us up." Riley mumbles rubbing her neck

"Please, you guys can sleep through an earthquake when you're drunk." I snort

"She's right." Maddie sighs

"I always am" I smirk

"Shut up" all three of them say in unison

__

We spend the rest of the day watching movies and doing work. Riley and I have a meeting tomorrow, so we prepare our presentation for that. By the time we finish our work, its half past eight and we order a quick dinner and after that I make my way to my apartment.

I had a lovely time at the girl's house and I always dread going home to an empty apartment almost all weekends. I grew up surrounded by a lot of people and now that I've moved out not only from my house but from my country so I think I feel a bit lonely sometimes. Sometimes the loneliness hits so hard that I just want to pack up everything and head straight into my mother's arm. That's why I love the girls so much, they never let me feel alone or left out even though I have to babysit them sometimes I would not change it for anything. I love these girls very much.

They're a bit weird sometimes but they're the best.

________________________________________________________________

A/N

I hope you guys like this chapter. I kinda have an idea about what to do for the other chapters and hopefully it turns out good. And for as Emily and her friend group its up to your imagination on what they look like. Let your imagination run wild. Edited :)

All my love,
R